Old School Off Road going Legit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Although Old School Off Road has been around for a few years, where a bunch of buddies and I started by just sitting around the campfire drinking beer saying how it used to be better wheeling back in the day when all trucks were old and before YJ's were everywhere, we have decided to pursue adopting our favorite trail in tumbler ridge and the first step is to sign up with the 4WDABC. So we will shortly be sending out a check and list of members to the association, then on to filling out all the paperwork to adopt the trail. We never really had interest in becoming a legit club, as we always prefered to be an underground cult type club, but we feel strongly about preserving the trail and the only way is to become more official. Attached is our logo, and will be posting a few pictures here and there on this thread, as we don't really have a web site or anything, just an old facebook page

I don't think we will ever get big or anything as our rules for membership are pretty strict (4x4 trucks older than 1986 that you drive off road), but hopefully we will be able to spread the old school spirit out on the trail for a long time to come.

Feel free to post up old school pictures, pictures of your old rig, some good BSing, or some old school internet arguing on this thread.:hillbilly:
Cheers,
Deny

oldschoolpdf.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. Let me know if I can do anything to help from afar. Request sent to join FB group.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get my 55 on the road in time for the relic run and make it out. Time will tell, but at least I'm in Manitoba now and will be able to work on it between wellsite gigs.

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, pigs are kick ass, nothing more old school than a truck so ugly it's beautiful. When you get it done, get it out camping and wheeling, consider yourself part of the old school clan. We haven't got any stickers done since our originals that we put on our windshields a few years ago, but we were thinking of getting some smaller ones of the logo made up for people that don't want to splash old school over their windshield. Also once you get it done, send me your address and I can send you a shirt with logo on the front, and attached on the back.:hillbilly:

DSCF0544.jpg

:cool:

What's not to like about Old School and on top of that wheeling old school trucks!

old-school.jpg

OldSchoolChasers.jpg

scan0007.jpg

I remember the good old days with the coastal cruisers, when talk around the campfire were issues with rust, cruiser lean, and improving wheeling performance, not so much talk about internet chat rooms, JDM highway power and fuel economy mods, and Ham radios :hillbilly:

scan0001.jpg

Truck2.jpg

149728_148983718480723_100001072872872_247802_360839_n.jpg

Here is the windshield sticker close up and two of the old broncos in the club and the other two guys that were part of starting this thing.

DSCF0357.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Hey Deny,

Here's a pic of my '42. This picture was taken in Northern California in 2009 (I have bigger tires now, OME lift, no Oz guard or roof rack). I drove it down in 100+ degree heat just to swap 'old school' stories and go for a drive (I wouldn't call it wheeling!) with a co-worker in his Series II that he's owned for 30 years.

I had to close the foot vent in Southern Oregon because the hot air was burning my leg!

JU09 LC and LR at GDRC Korbel.jpg

JU09 109 degrees southern Oregon.jpg

I had to close the foot vent in Southern Oregon because the hot air was burning my leg!

Nice Rob, I always have a soft spot for the old 81 BJ42's as that was the first truck I bought on my own when I was 19 and I think I am going to get burried in mine. :hillbilly: Lots of good memories in it.

People always ask me if my 42 has airconditioning and I always just kick the vent open and tell them it's got poor mans airconditioning. ;) I know what you mean about too hot, every time I drive the 42 through Lyton in the summer, seems like the windows and vents just seem to smear the heat around more, but I keep them all open in the hopes that the air flow will simply keep me from melting:hillbilly:

I remember the good old days with the coastal cruisers, when talk around the campfire were issues with rust, cruiser lean, and improving wheeling performance, not so much talk about internet chat rooms, JDM highway power and fuel economy mods, and Ham radios :hillbilly:

What year was that first pic taken with the trucks lined up on the beach? I think the blue 40 (third from left beside Steve's 40) is the one I bought to rebuild into a dedicated wheeling truck - funny how time passed and life got in the way of that. Haven't given up on it though, its just becoming a bigger project every year that passes.

What year was that first pic taken with the trucks lined up on the beach? I think the blue 40 (third from left beside Steve's 40) is the one I bought to rebuild into a dedicated wheeling truck - funny how time passed and life got in the way of that. Haven't given up on it though, its just becoming a bigger project every year that passes.

I'm not sure, maybe Jim, Steve, or Dan would know, but I bought my truck in 2000, then didn't really start wheeling it until I finished fixing it up a year later, then Jim didn't get his wagon until a year or few after, but then I moved north in 2005, so had to be around 2003 or 2004? Maybe 2002? Tell me about life getting in the way, had a one year plan to fix up my mine truck, and am now on like year 6 or 7!

Sorry Dan, I see I already posted the constitution of OSOR here. Anyway those not so sensetive CC that come over to have a look, can see it here if they so desire.:hillbilly:
Cheers,
Deny

that pic was 2003 @ 10mile bay harrison lk. And your right Martin, that is the blue sua fj40 on 37s you bought! yellow inside right?

wheeling in the early to mid 2000s was awesome.

wheeling in the early to mid 2000s was awesome.

Yeah but I bet the 90's were even better, like those photos Bruce posted in the old CC photo thread. I always liked hearing the stories from Bruce, Brad, Phil, Gary, and all the old guys about how Clear Creek used to be hard core wheeling and then the tubs pretty much to yourselves. Then Blue mountain was open and such just closed before I started driving but I had my fair share of time spent in there as a teenager mountain biking as we lived around the corner wishing for the day I could get my very own 4x4 to cruise those trails.. Then all the gates started popping up and trail closures.

One of the reasons I like it up here so much is that this place is so quiet and you can do what you want to do and no one gives a damn as long as you respect the environment and others out here useing it too.

One of the reasons I like it up here so much is that this place is so quiet and you can do what you want to do and no one gives a damn as long as you respect the environment and others out here useing it too.

Sighhhhh....... :frown: I need to find a way to relocate to the interior!

that pic was 2003 @ 10mile bay harrison lk. And your right Martin, that is the blue sua fj40 on 37s you bought! yellow inside right?

Thanks Dan. It's originally that orange/brown some of the early 40's had, no yellow. Funny, when I got the thing it came with a s*** ton of extra parts and I was happy with where the build was headed. I had all the stuff I needed to throw it back together with a 350 and the sm420/rockbox combo and wheel the crap out of it. Then didn't. Ah well, mistake of time/money not finishing a project quick enough for the 'vision' of what you want out of the thing to change. Instead, got some great use out of that beater 60. OTOH, since the brown 60 got parted, I might get motivated to start on another old school project. But more likely get back to my 66 first.

thats what i did, you couldnt pay me enough to move back to that rainy s***hole :)

Ha ha, the summer student that I replaced up here back in the day said the opposite, couldn't pay him enough to stay up in this hill billy town. I say the same as you, I have gotten too used to the life away from the rat race (although the patch is a bit of a rat race on it's own) I can't ever see moving back down there. Although I do like visiting some of the old hang outs, and every time I am down, I always want to go take a swing on the old rope at Sunrise! :hillbilly:

There is talk of me and Adam heading down for cruiser days and possibly hitting up some old trails, maybe windy and china head on the way down, sunrise (and he really wants to see the canoppener although not sure if it is accessable anymore), then there is talk (Charla wants to put on an old school / relic run not sure her rules or dates quite yet) of hitting up the wipsaw.

Waiting for the Sunrise

Photographed on Highway 3, 5km West of Hedley, Jan 26, 7:45am. Haven't seen one with a bug deflector on it before :); the stories she could tell....

DSCN3440[1].jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom