Old School Cruiser pictures from back in the day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't really have old photos from the 80's or 90's since I was just a young chap back then, but I stumbled on a few of my older pictures (prior to my mud days) atleast 5 years or more (I do have older ones that I will see if I can find, but they are from my pre-digital camera days):hillbilly:
Enjoy.
warner_lake.jpg
deny_entering_creek.jpg
deny_in_alpine_2.jpg

I think what spurred this on was the folder from Jim's and Derek's stag to Whipsaw I recently stumbled on and remember setting this folder up just when I started at the place I work now.
0257770-R1-042-19A..jpg
0257770-R1-044-20A..jpg
0257770-R1-050-23A..jpg

Back in the non-spring over days, when I used to get all hung up on u-bolts (not this trip though):hillbilly:
F1000004.JPG
F1000002.JPG
F1000003.JPG

Jim not crotchin his beer in time and riding up the bank, requiring a winch back from me and all his drunk buddies (he had 5 guys piled in that thing) hanging on the strap so it didn't go over.:hillbilly:
F1000009.JPG
F1000010.JPG
F1000012.JPG

We actually dragged a stock Dodge cummins through there that trip.:hillbilly:
F1000014.JPG
F1000017.JPG
0257770-R1-048-22A..jpg

Jim not crotchin his beer in time and riding up the bank, requiring a winch back from me and all his drunk buddies (he had 5 guys piled in that thing) hanging on the strap so it didn't go over.:hillbilly:

thats when I decided that I need power sterring in a wheeling rig,

Would of been fine though if I didn't slip of the brake ( I also put grip tape on my pedel after this trip)

Ifrom my pre-digital camera days):hillbilly:
Enjoy.

thats my proplem too, the old konica took a lot of good pics, just not digital

thats when I decided that I need power sterring in a wheeling rig,

So you don't have to put the beer down?

Yeah I thought my buddies up here were redneck, then throw in guns and you got Jim's buddies.:hillbilly:

Suprizingly no one got shot except a few grouse, and myself (with the paintball gun)

Best stag ever though, 2 nights is a bit rough

Here's a couple from at least 5 years ago, not quite "back in the day", but getting there. Rivershiver warm up run and Mt Steele Greystokes, back when Derek and family wheeled with the cruiser group.

I'll have to scan a few from when I first got my cruiser.
chilliwack1.jpg
mt moore1.jpg

Nice, I remember the chain test run ;) I don't remember if all my old photos are in digital format, but if they are, the pre-2005 photos cds must be still at my parents place, will have to see, or start scanning in some.

Here's a gooder from River Shiver 05.:hillbilly:
_slide_P1000185.jpg

You know, somehow pics with 80's just don't look as cool as that shot. That's a great old-school picture :hillbilly:

Yeah Rob I remember when I first started out with the Coastal Cruisers back around 2000, it was all just 40's, 42's, 45's, 60's, and the odd 70 or 75. The first run I went on was the Salt Spring Boy Scouts run (actually the only time I have ever wheeled with Norm!:hillbilly:), where we had 15 or so old school cruisers driving through down town Saltspring as a convoy, everyone thought it was a parrade. All the wheeling trips were awsome, cause most of the trucks were pretty old. Then JDM's started, which spurred the 80's and then the FJCruiser. Things just aren't the same anymore, I can't help it.:meh::hillbilly:

I remember that run, I have some film pics of it around somewhere - I'll try to dig them up and do a little scanning.
My 70 just had a lift and 235/75r15s, 'cuz after buying the emus in '99 I couldn't afford wheels, tires, gears, and the locker for another year :grinpimp:

That's really the only time we've wheeled together?!

Yup. How many times have you gone wheeling since then?:hillbilly: Mind you the last 5 years I have been up north so sort of tough to wheel with you when we are 1500km away. Try to make River Shiver next year and I'll do my best too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom