Old Man Knox Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paint guy sux! Hoping now to get tub by xmas. In the meantime have worked on the roof and rain gutter. Got the gutter off, cut out the rust and replaced with new. No press brake, just a hammer and a vice makes it interesting!
27E109EB-E4F9-4B62-9283-E99C70905A04.jpeg
6768308E-DB73-4E09-8AC3-D820003EA483.jpeg

Can’t wait to see the final tub (as I am sure you do). Keep up the great progress!!!
If it makes you feel better when I sent my brother’s 40 for final body work and paint a few years back I didn’t see it for 2yrs...

:bang:

Nik

Can’t wait to see the final tub (as I am sure you do). Keep up the great progress!!!
If it makes you feel better when I sent my brother’s 40 for final body work and paint a few years back I didn’t see it for 2yrs...

:bang:

Nik
Wow! That’s rediculous!

Catch up update. Touched up the engine block and the exhaust manifolds. Installed new spark plug wires and heat protection boots. Heat wrapped the exhaust all the way back to the muffler. Working on refurbishing the roof.

DDF20D10-9505-4E52-B3E5-36D12D5CE49F.jpeg

FD1E695D-B0E7-4694-98A8-5BF36D8C8949.jpeg

439BFD0F-8367-40AB-A040-A4ABC03AB530.jpeg

CFEE18E7-FFA3-4B04-A219-39CEC0B59886.jpeg

Agreed! Those seats came out amazing!!!

The roof look pretty good. This will be my next project on my truck.
A couple of questions.
How long was the paint on before laying it out with a brush?
Did you do the whole thing or just a section?
What paint did you use? Color?
Thanks

The roof look pretty good. This will be my next project on my truck.
A couple of questions.
How long was the paint on before laying it out with a brush?
Did you do the whole thing or just a section?
What paint did you use? Color?
Thanks
I did 2’x3’ sections at a time and immediately tipped with a brush. That is the instructions on the can. I will be spraying it next weekend. I’ll post the results.
34016F17-0A25-43FF-9F1C-FCBA31097063.jpeg

How’s the paint adventure coming along? Still enjoy seeing the TLC you are putting in the truck! She’s come a long way since Knoxville...

Nik

Paint guy says I can pick up the tub next weekend. I am not holding my breath. If I would have known it would take a year I would have painted it myself. Very disappointed.

Can’t wait to see it. Sucks it took that long, but hopefully worth it in the end. :beer::beer:

Nik

Any paint updates? Hope you got it back and all good.

Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom