OK, time for changes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Uncle Ben said:
Wise choice! The plastic pins through the rad core will wear through the thin copper tubes especially when they get normal road grit on them. Takes a while but it will happen!

Argh! I hate caveats! I might just make a frame for it then....

2 pieces of aluminum angle stock spanning from the sides of the rad support are very easy to whip out, are very strong and look super clean!

2 pieces of aluminum angle stock spanning from the sides of the rad support are very easy to whip out, are very strong and look super clean!

Yeah, I have the Winch, bib and cooler off now. I'm going to pick up some Aluminium <sp> tomorrow and get to work :grinpimp:

Cooler swing out bib.

ForumRunner_20120413_175937.jpg

ForumRunner_20120413_175937.jpg

Cleanup and ready to tack down, then touch it up.

ForumRunner_20120413_200524.jpg

ForumRunner_20120413_200524.jpg

I think this will do. Need to do some off road testing. ;)

ForumRunner_20120415_122118.jpg

ForumRunner_20120415_122137.jpg

ForumRunner_20120415_122313.jpg

ForumRunner_20120415_122118.jpg

ForumRunner_20120415_122137.jpg

ForumRunner_20120415_122313.jpg

Its looking great. Bob does great work.

Cooler has been great so far. No issues on two trail runs, with no leaks or looseness. Shock tower 1 is on and ready for a longer damper. It is a narrow fit fit with room for cleaning on both sides of tower. I will check flex on next run to get a range of motion measurement since I don't have a forklift handy. :D

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looking good, did you end up using a Dremel to grind that steering mount down?

I am at a breaking point on deciding between Saginaw and the mini-truck setup. I like the FJ60 setup but I think the Saginaw will be the most powerful and relatively easy to install since I don't have a V8. I am strongly considering making this a hard core trail rig too but still on the fence. The mini truck setup is very tempting but I need all new TRE's, center link rebuild kit, drag link rebuild kit, a reseal of the box, lines, and a pump setup. Deleting all the links with the stock setup would be nice. Decisions.......

I did get the third distributor installed tonight with great success so I am finally up and running. Took it for a drive to find the "new" clutch slipping under heavy throttle and the valves need adjusting in a bad way. The chain of issues that keep popping up as I progress is a pain.

Don't discount the GM Astro Van steering box conversion. It is a Saginaw but has the reverse throw pitman arm so you don't have to compromise your cross member or shock tower. I had that setup for a long time on my 40 and wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

Cooler has been great so far. No issues on two trail runs, with no leaks or looseness. Shock tower 1 is on and ready for a longer damper. It is a narrow fit fit with room for cleaning on both sides of tower. I will check flex on next run to get a range of motion measurement since I don't have a forklift handy. :D

You mean you don't have a place close to flex it some?:hmm:

Saginaw - 4.25:1
FJ60 - 4.5:1

I'll take the Toyota gear and longer shocks, but to each their own.

How much longer shock do you think you will need? I have some 5100's on the floor if you want to check the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom