Oil seal- split case 4wd selector shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick question. Leaking from selector shaft. Everywhere I look it shows the oil seal and boot to be different part numbers. When I investigated under the truck, mine looks to be one part. The boot and seal seem to be one. Doesn’t look like it can be separated.

Anyone ever see this? MOD or different part number? Thanks. Marc

BD48DB81-96DE-408F-9DB5-68E5F82965B5.jpeg
87D83C62-7F14-4E12-ABAE-34BC2B141A6A.jpeg

Should the boot sit tight against the case? The seal is about 1/16” from flush with case. So I have a space between the boot and case. Thanks.

The seal doesn't go all the way in it sticks out so the boot can go over the lip on the seal. The seal bottoms out in the case and is made to stick out past the case.

The seal doesn't go all the way in it sticks out so the boot can go over the lip on the seal. The seal bottoms out in the case and is made to stick out past the case.

tmxmotorsports

Thank you. Should I be able to seat by hand? I am going to try and pull boot so I can see. I still have a rubber shoulder outside the case, then the boot is on lip with about a 1/16” space between case and bottom on boot.

Marc

Yep with a rubber mallet just be careful not to bend the lip over and dont try to seat the seal further in it only goes so far and bottoms out
Tommy

Fixed! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom