Oil filter relocating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a supplier for a oil filter relocation kit that will allow me to use a standard oil filter on a 1F engine?

Not sure if it will work on your engine, but Summit Racing carries relocation kits for most engines.

Check out 'remote oil filter kits' online. Jegs has one. Just a thought.

Thanks for the replies, I scored an oil filter mount and tubing from a buddie that will allow me to get rid of the bulky oil canister.

I just did this on an F135, it wasn't too bad. Make a bracket and fab your own 4AN lines, a PH8A filter fits good between the engine and frame rails in a vertical position. The link will take you to the correct page, scroll down for pics: 1966 FJ40 Frame-Off Build (3rd Generation Owner)

Don't throw that canister out. Probably somebody looking to restore a old F135. Believe it was 3/69 when Toyota replace the canister style oil filter with a standard spin on type. Those were still mount to the intake manifold until the 74 model.

I like your setup better than the stock bracket and holder. I can get the filter attatchment from Jeggs (thanks reddingcruiser and coonassjohn) for sources. Where do you suggest I look for the material to make The 4AN lines?

If you do sell your oil canister and it’s complete (no leaks) I’d be interested in it. I’m still considering doing what Rock40 did, that’s a nice setup.

I like your setup better than the stock bracket and holder. I can get the filter attatchment from Jeggs (thanks reddingcruiser and coonassjohn) for sources. Where do you suggest I look for the material to make The 4AN lines?

I buy all my plumbing stuff from an Ebay store: Performance Dynamics Speed Shop, the seller is Getfast1. I've bought hose and fittings from him for years now. Very fast shipping and his prices are good.

I buy all my plumbing stuff from an Ebay store: Performance Dynamics Speed Shop, the seller is Getfast1. I've bought hose and fittings from him for years now. Very fast shipping and his prices are good.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom