Official LX570s Picture Thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did she find the fart button?

That sounds funny until it's real. My kids figured out how to make the Tesla turn signal make fart noises instead of a chime. Was held captive until they laughed enough.

Name a better combo

IMG_3298.jpeg

That gets worse gas mileage 😂

Ha! Is that the seat fan??
No, there is an HVAC control that is for when it smells bad in the truck. It increases the airflow through the upper vents that blow in your face and “turns on” the cabin filter if it wasn’t already in recirculate mode. It lasts for a few minutes after you hit the button then turns itself off.

No, there is an HVAC control that is for when it smells bad in the truck. It increases the airflow through the upper vents that blow in your face and “turns on” the cabin filter if it wasn’t already in recirculate mode. It lasts for a few minutes after you hit the button then turns itself off.
Awesome! Did not know about the feature and we will look for it since she started giggling when I told her about it! We live in the mtns so most of the time the windows are down and farts fly free 😂

My mom
Has a model 3 😬

I know I want one, but I’m just not sure I can be happy with it day to day. The quality and noise, and the sunroof not opening and not shading is just going to drive me nuts.

I know I want one, but I’m just not sure I can be happy with it day to day. The quality and noise, and the sunroof not opening and not shading is just going to drive me nuts.
I’m a car guy, I like to hear the exhaust note and modify it to go faster and stuff. Tesla’s you can’t do much with it. Plus my SL is super rare, you never see them on the road. People always ask me, that’s a V12?

O man, how I enjoy burning dinosaurs.

Here's the risk that's playing out for me. My wife's Tesla is such a game changer. It's not the faults that bother me, and it's fun and effective in its own right. The problem is it highlights shortcomings of traditional cars. I keep playing around in my mind if the Cybertruck will displace not one, but both of these. When it arrives, I'll keep them all for some overlap (my wife will not be pleased). Then let the war of attrition begin. They might all get along, possibly keep 2 of 3, or there may only be one standing.

1684176691381.png

O man, how I enjoy burning dinosaurs.

Here's the risk that's playing out for me. My wife's Tesla is such a game changer. It's not the faults that bother me, and it's fun and effective in its own right. The problem is it highlights shortcomings of traditional cars. I keep playing around in my mind if the Cybertruck will displace not one, but both of these. When it arrives, I'll keep them all for some overlap (my wife will not be pleased). Then let the war of attrition begin. They might all get along, possibly keep 2 of 3, or there may only be one standing.

View attachment 3323709

Of all people P, I cannot see you in a Cybertuck. I do like the concept but its just so outlandish of a vehicle Its too loud maybe even for me LOL.
But also, getting rid of your LX seems crazy. Maybe you can keep it in the family.

Over here, my wife doesn't drive at all, and shes lived in car centric cities less years than I can count on one hand.
So my choices are really for me to use, and to play into the LXs weaknesses. A two seater makes sense, but what really makes me scratch my head is the utter lack of E sports coupes. We had the the roadster, and since then I believe nothing but maybe hyper-cars if you consider that?
I can get an EV sedan all day long, from beater, to MB/ Porsche. But where are the ones you can actually drive outside of straight line?
I think maybe the E Tron is it at the moment, but Im not a huge Audi fan. We do have a bunch of trucks for some reason though, which arguably is the worst use case for an EV? Im not sure if I'm getting old, but the world makes less sense to me as we go along.

In my head right now, for around town use "daily" (I don't commute), im looking at AMG sedans, maybe even S Class, mayyybbeee an M5 if i could trust it?
But still, a model S with air ride might be better. The 3 is just too mass producy for me. I really want to do it, but I just cant. I was in my friends brand new 3 a couple weeks ago and just realized its not for me. I have learned that I prefer buying the best example of a make. G/S Class, LC/LX, 911, M3/4/5/6, Model S... You get the picture. To get a sedan that rides rough AF compared to the LX, is very spartan, no sunroof slide, or carplay new in 2023? I just know I will bitch every day. I mean I do know myself haha. Ive never had a more difficult car purchase to make, and thats kind of odd to me. Back in the day I had choices as a youngster, it was BMW coupes only, until I could afford a Porsche. Now I can afford the Porsche, but I'm making value plays :). If i had a 911 T or GT3 RS, it would not be driven in urban hell where I live. So thats for later I guess. Right now, I want to keep my LX for trips, and fun, and when I need to comfortably seat 4 grown ups / 5 kids, or hauling. I need something that fills the other void. City life, parking ease, efficiency, and driving dynamics, or even just ultra luxury, quality & comfort which I value a lot.

The way I see it now, Im getting an AMG S or E sedan, or something like that, and later a Porsche coupe.
I can leave BMW in my fond memories. They are kind of ugly as sin now anyway 🥹 .

Then let the war of attrition begin. They might all get along, possibly keep 2 of 3, or there may only be one standing.
Heh we’re doing the same to make room for a Rivian. We are unloading my wife’s daily and the model 3 is out when the Rivian arrives.

I can’t see my LX going anywhere for a long time - it’s paid for and beat up enough that risks are pretty low consequence.

But who knows. There are 3-4 slider vendors for Rivian and folks are already stuffing 35s on them lol.

I’ll join the EV crowd when this 570 dies, this is the last gas SUV I’m going to buy. Hopefully Toyota comes out with a nice offroad EV SUV soon. Life long Toyota buyer here so I’m going to continue to support them.

^^^hopefully solar charging when more efficient faster battery technology comes out. I think the whole ev thing is still in its infancy, better tech will come out as time progress

I love all things cars. This is really not about gas vs EVs in my mind. Just what I may fancy that will meet my needs. I do like cars that are the pinnacle of their domains while keeping broad flexibility. Even the 911, having 4 seats makes it easier to use regularly to drop off 2 kids for example. Fortunately, I have choices and may very well keep all 3. I'd rather take option #4 and like @tbisaacs , opt to replace the wife's Model 3 with a CT. The wife doesn't want to drive a behemoth for a commuter, even if it would be as efficient as a Prius. And that's the craziness of the CT. The almost everything vehicle: utility, efficiency, range, and performance.

Pretty sure the LX will continue to have a place as it's just too fun as an adventure vehicle. She's still a creampuff after so many years. If the CT holds up on its promised utility, the LX might get 37s one day.

I don't see how you guys are ever going to get the energy density you need for an adventure vehicle with current battery tech. Some one explain it to me. The LRA aux tank adds 100 miles of burdened range to these. How do you do that with an EV?

Remains to be seen but the CT on 35s may deliver the same range stock, that I had to modify my LX570 with an aux tank to get.

I don't see how you guys are ever going to get the energy density you need for an adventure vehicle with current battery tech. Some one explain it to me. The LRA aux tank adds 100 miles of burdened range to these. How do you do that with an EV?
99% if driving is short trips in town.

I live in a state with lots of public land nearby. Most weekend trips are < 300 miles door to door. We have public chargers in every “adventure” corridor.

Totally workable for our use. Anything else longer or more technical, I’ve got a bruiser of an LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom