Official 80 Wreck / Junked Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what's good about these pics is that they show the cabin being still in reasonably good shape in most cases (and the damage much less dramatic than on that poor Buick).
So I guess they did a good job designing this thing. Glad to see that.

Question, while at the junk yard did you get a chance to pull that rear bumber/tire carrier? Thinking about heading to the yard in Atlanta to see what parts I can scavenge and make look new again.

Is this someone's on MUD?:

Can't believe (well actually I can) where the guy from the wrecker is standing. Imagine if one of those chains snapped.

From this post: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/324960-crash-tested-bumpers.html#post4881323

Had some guy crash in the back of me doing 45 to 50 Mph. I was stopped.

There was some damage to the tailgate due to the spare being pushed forward. No frame or other major damage. This could have been the end of the cruiser if not for the bumpers.

So anyone building bumpers keep the spare away from the gate about 4-5 inches and brace the swing with a stop.

4x4 customs in Georgia did the build for me. Worth the investment.

Unfortunately the impact was sent to the back of my neck. I had my bell rung for sure.

Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php

lx450 done

HI,

Some guy pulled out in front of my wife in the lx450.
He had a stop sign and a sign under the stop sign that reads
cross traffice does NOT stop.
He pulled right out in from of my wife, she was doing 35 mph at the time. She ended up t-boning the other car. every one was ok.

I wish i would have had a arb on the front , might have drove it home then. It was totalled over 10k in damage.

Here is a link with pictures.
Picasa Web Albums - Brian - car accident#

car%20accident%205.jpg

car%20accident%202.jpg

Last edited:
I wish i would have had a arb on the front , might have drove it home then. It was totalled over 10k in damage.

I was thinking it wasn't that bad right up to the point where I saw this picture...

car%20accident%204.jpg

The frame is seriously bent. I doubt even an ARB would have prevented that.

I was thinking it wasn't that bad right up to the point where I saw this picture...

car%20accident%204.jpg

The frame is seriously bent. I doubt even an ARB would have prevented that.

The hood was pushed up.
The frame was not to bad. The frame horn was bent a little

You should have seen the frame on my fj62 that i fixed up.
Spend 40 hours in the frame macheine when i still worked at the auto body shop.

The lx would have been pretty easy to fix , but a lot of money in parts.

At least you were running the red coolant....

I have seen about 8 in the last 2 months. All cash 4 clunkers 1 with lockers.These pictures are from 2 days ago.

Image-4.jpg

Image-6.jpg

Image-5.jpg

there is also a couple of 60 and 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom