OEM Toyota windshield glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to be ordering a new windshield in the near future for my very original 79 FJ40. I plan to order OEM from Toyota. I would like to confirm that the glass is indeed Toyota Teq and not PPG or LOF brand. Has anyone ordered a factory windshield lately that can confirm this? Thanks!

-Jeremy

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure my neighbor got the last factory windshield. And he has told me he's not letting it go. Although his 40 is a 1982 so it might be different then yours. Doesn't hurt to check though.

Sent from my carport.

I'd doubt they are still available. I went and had a Guardian laminated glass cut to size. Guardian is the best, they make OEM for all higher end. The Toyota laminated glass was originally done by Asahi Glass. A lot of replacements have always been made by LOF and PPG and all are good. The lower quality ones come from China, sorry to say. However they have started to get much much better.

listed is two windshields for a 1979 fj40:

56111-90301 LM.T=6.7 1
56111-90303 TN.LM.T=6.7

56111-90303 is list as instock @ Groove Toyota, ENGLEWOOD, CO 80110

56111-90301 is listed as instock @ Piercey Toyota, Milpitas, CA 95035

Do you know what the difference between the two part numbers is? On Toyotapartszone the 56111-90303 replaces the 56111-90301

TN may mean Tinted ... but IDNK

I would call them and ask if

1) in fact they do have it... sometimes they system says they do...but...infact they may not
2) Ask what does the TN mean :) maybe that greenish color instead of clear ?

Last edited:
It will have a strip across the top that is a darker color, not the whole thing. That is not legal in the US.

I kinda thought it was the greenish tinted windshilds :meh: ... but... could be the top part...that was popular in the 80's

i replaced mine in 96 it was green tinted....very very light green thruout... mine was for a 74

Please check with CruiserParts.net. They will prob. have the windshield. (they are one of the few parts houses who will actually ship glass.) They are also a locally-owned business-very knowledgeable and helpful. Prices are not out of line at all.
Gary

Jeremy

I did a check around... In another thread (couldnt link it here... Im on the 'I'dead 'pod' and its draining all my brain cells squinting at the small screen) .... Shane aatlas1x had posted the differences... The 90303 is infact green tinted throught 'Tinted'
56111-90800 windshield is the tinted on top only ... It's refered to as 'shaded'

The 303 is available and cheapest looks thru cruiserparts.net ... Still well over $400 however

You may want to call and ask about the logo being there... Betting it is

It looks like cruiser parts has a used in stock for $75 and its an OEM. I might just go that route...

It looks like cruiser parts has a used in stock for $75 and its an OEM. I might just go that route...

My used one is all sand-pocked and hazy around the edges. I'd want new if I was going to the trouble of pulling it out and replacing.

Just put a new one in mine. OEM got it out of California my Toyota dealership here in Oregon tracked it down.

That was a year ago.

No hijack, just a noob question- I keep seeing the Teq name, and a logo that looks newer. What is Teq? Is it an own Toyota name, or a newer company? Confused. Thanks!

No hijack, just a noob question- I keep seeing the Teq name, and a logo that looks newer. What is Teq? Is it an own Toyota name, or a newer company? Confused. Thanks!

Used alot more on the older toyotas...but...still active logo and still used on some new stuff as well AFAIK

TEQ is Katakana for TOYOTA

ト = TO
ヨ = YO
タ = TA

トヨタ = TOYOTA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

I blame Landpimp for the TEQ :)

Thanks JC!^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom