OEM soft top bows install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '67 factory soft top rig. It has the original bow brackets in the back. Just received the Real Steel bows. Great product, but it's made for a rig originally had a hard top?
The easy solution is to just cut the plate off the bottom of the Real Steel bow and slide it in. Anyone else encounter this?

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

To bolt the bow as is, I'd have to remove the original bracket. Weld over 4 holes and then drill 2 new holes. Placement of the new bow as is would need a hold right between the two existing holes holding the original bracket on.
Maybe the easiest solution is to just cut some of the bottom plates off the bow, then remove the original bracket and slide it over.
It just seems like you never can just bolt something on. I'm always having to cut, bend and weld up some sort of bracket to make things work.

IMG_1004.jpg

Keep the original bracket!!! Just cut the plate off, if it’s a bit short you can shim the bottom to raise it a bit!

Photos can be a little deceiving, I thought the new bow would simply bolt to the existing holes, my mistake.

I have a '67 factory soft top rig. It has the original bow brackets in the back. Just received the Real Steel bows. Great product, but it's made for a rig originally had a hard top?
The easy solution is to just cut the plate off the bottom of the Real Steel bow and slide it in. Anyone else encounter this?

View attachment 2506356

View attachment 2506357

Just cut the flange off the real steel bow and use your original bracket.
You should have clamps that bolt to the inside rail of your tub-directly above the bracket-use those to adjust the rear bow height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom