OEM Radiator - 16400-66081 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any leads on a reasonably priced OEM radiator in Canada, for a 97' 80 (1FZ)?

When I picked up my 80 in July, the Koyo unit was on its last legs and I replaced it with a Spectra premium from Lordco (Think Autozone, but British Columbia). Anyways, it has of course failed right at the tranny cooler line on the bottom right-hand side, and is leaking even when the truck is sitting. Apparently, I shouldn't be surprised based on the brand, but learning from the mistake here, and Lordco will refund it on warranty once I replace the thing.

Anyways, Toyota here in town wants over $1000 CAD for an oem unit of either variant, and the cheapest I can find is about $800 with shipping on Toyotapartsdirect. I have no issues ordering from the States if the price is better, and older threads seem to show the 16400-66081 (aluminum late variant Toyo) going for around $350-$400 directly from the dealer, which is about $500 CAD.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers!

Use TYC1918 you want be sorry hundreds of FZJ80 93-97 use them with no issue with excellent performance in hot weather

I have considered it, but pretty done with the headaches of this current one and am hoping to go oem if possible.

Why don’t you just buy one from your dealer? What’s the issue?

Buying from an US source will be just as expensive when duties/customs/shipping is factored in.

Why don’t you just buy one from your dealer? What’s the issue?

Buying from an US source will be just as expensive when duties/customs/shipping is factored in.

I would love to buy one from the local dealer, but $1047 seems quite steep for the oem unit, compared to prices mentioned on threads here, even after conversion, duties, shipping, and taxes.

That said, there are few online sources even available.

Try Toyota parts direct out of London Ontario, you can get 16400-66081 which is the aluminium on for the 95-97 for around 700CAD or you can get the cooper one for 93-95 for around 560CAD 16400-66040. Personally, I would just go TYC, I run it as it seems to cool better on my SC 97 FZJ80, you can get them dirt cheap on Rock Auto online and they ship to Canada, Shipping can be a pain with damages, but free returns! Also have run Denso on past 80 series and those worked great as well! Radiators are a touchy subject many opinions out there. I've heard good things about KOYO as well.

If you need OEM you can also contact CuriserAddiction... Yan or mud name is Akella and he can get you what you need in Canada.

I think there's also a Toyota Parts Distributor in Alberta similar to Toyota parts direct out of London but dont quote me on it.

London Ontario - Discount OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories - ToyotaPartsDirect.com

Try Toyota parts direct out of London Ontario, you can get 16400-66081 which is the aluminium on for the 95-97 for around 700CAD or you can get the cooper one for 93-95 for around 560CAD 16400-66040. Personally, I would just go TYC, I run it as it seems to cool better on my SC 97 FZJ80, you can get them dirt cheap on Rock Auto online and they ship to Canada, Shipping can be a pain with damages, but free returns! Also have run Denso on past 80 series and those worked great as well! Radiators are a touchy subject many opinions out there. I've heard good things about KOYO as well.

If you need OEM you can also contact CuriserAddiction... Yan or mud name is Akella and he can get you what you need in Canada.

I think there's also a Toyota Parts Distributor in Alberta similar to Toyota parts direct out of London but dont quote me on it.

London Ontario - Discount OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories - ToyotaPartsDirect.com

I tried Toyota parts direct for the 95-97 and unfortunately, after placing my order they informed me it would take a month just for them to get it. Great customer service though. Despite some mixed reviews, they were mostly positive and I decided to try the CSF off of Rockauto, and if it doesn't last or cool properly I will go for the TYC/Koyo later on. Hadn't heard of CruiserAddiction, will look into them in the future.

I tried Toyota parts direct for the 95-97 and unfortunately, after placing my order they informed me it would take a month just for them to get it. Great customer service though. Despite some mixed reviews, they were mostly positive and I decided to try the CSF off of Rockauto, and if it doesn't last or cool properly I will go for the TYC/Koyo later on. Hadn't heard of CruiserAddiction, will look into them in the future.

Yeah, man TPD has drained my piggybank this last few months have bought well over 5000$ in parts from them, customer service is good but slow and same with getting parts but heck its covid and were past the border so gotta take what you can get, Did you deal with Watson there?

Good luck with your radiator woes heard the CSF is decent!

Yeah, man TPD has drained my piggybank this last few months have bought well over 5000$ in parts from them, customer service is good but slow and same with getting parts but heck its covid and were past the border so gotta take what you can get, Did you deal with Watson there?

Good luck with your radiator woes heard the CSF is decent!

Can't blame ya on that front, Partsouq is cheaper but the duties can be a silent killer so gotta group it all together. Dealt with Watson yeah, emailed me right away with a heads up on availability and to give the option to cancel.

Supposed to arrive today, fingers crossed it isn't damaged!

Can't blame ya on that front, Partsouq is cheaper but the duties can be a silent killer so gotta group it all together. Dealt with Watson yeah, emailed me right away with a heads up on availability and to give the option to cancel.

Supposed to arrive today, fingers crossed it isn't damaged!

Man I have my fingers crossed for you too, I've ordered I think 3 from rock auto and only one has ever not been damaged lol

Watson is the man!! he hooks it up!

I would love to buy one from the local dealer, but $1047 seems quite steep for the oem unit, compared to prices mentioned on threads here, even after conversion, duties, shipping, and taxes.

That said, there are few online sources even available.

$425ish is retail, they rapping you man.

Cheers

Got one from my dealer last week, took about a week to get.

Cheers

$425ish is retail, they rapping you man.

Cheers

Haha dude its Canada we always get bent over by Mr.T for his precious OEM parts

Haha dude its Canada we always get bent over by Mr.T for his precious OEM parts
Can you ship it to your "Uncle" in Minnesota or New York, then drive down to see your Uncle? Is that feasible?

Can you ship it to your "Uncle" in Minnesota or New York, then drive down to see your Uncle? Is that feasible?

Yes it is feasible, but can’t cross the border at the moment at all, and it gets a little sketchy bringing bigger parts across without declaring when you can cross...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom