OEM Gas Tank for 78 FJ40 77100-60042 Price (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDNs78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone got a lead on a Toyota dealer selling these for cheaper than $482.11? That is what I can pick one up for out the door at Karl Malone Toyota in Utah. Price breakdown $381 for the tank, $68 for shipping and the rest is sales tax. I priced it out on ToyotaPartsdeal.com and shipped it came to $651

366 plus shipping. wont find it cheaper than that. post a want ad in classifieds. thats how i got a good used one years ago.

Anyone got a lead on a Toyota dealer selling these for cheaper than $482.11? That is what I can pick one up for out the door at Karl Malone Toyota in Utah. Price breakdown $381 for the tank, $68 for shipping and the rest is sales tax. I priced it out on ToyotaPartsdeal.com and shipped it came to $651

if you buy one local to you in UTAH , you will NOT pay the man any shipping ..............

TOYOTA dealers do not and never have charged shipping fees..............yet

do you have state sales tax in Utah ?

the shipping WAD $ you save offsets any piddly discount between competing dealerships coast to coast nation wide

sure there is a cheapest cost dealer out there , however he is only a single 1% less then the next guy ?

if you follow me

i would personally contact Kurt @cruiseroutfit cruiser outfitters in salt lake , and see what he can do ?

you will get a professional fair shake that's for sure and more then any local toyota dealer you happen upon too ,

Interesting how prices are all over the place on this tank. The local dealer I usually look at as far as pricing has a online price of $447.88. Locally would add 10% for tax. I do find it interesting the world's largest importer of Land Cruisers seem to be one of the worse for dealer support.

Interesting how prices are all over the place on this tank. The local dealer I usually look at as far as pricing has a online price of $447.88. Locally would add 10% for tax. I do find it interesting the world's largest importer of Land Cruisers seem to be one of the worse for dealer support.
The local dealer in Utah will price match other Toyota dealers but then they have it shipped from the "parts depot" in California and that is where the shipping cost comes in. Looks like I can find one for a tad cheaper and get it for $468. Dang this restoration is getting expensive:frown:

The local dealer in Utah will price match other Toyota dealers but then they have it shipped from the "parts depot" in California and that is where the shipping cost comes in. Looks like I can find one for a tad cheaper and get it for $468. Dang this restoration is getting expensive:frown:

Interesting about shipping. As far as I know Toyota has a delivery five days a week out of the warehouse in So. Ca. going to dealers in the Phoenix area. Never had a shipping charge added to a order. Remember buying a set of five FJ40 hub caps for around $90 including tax. That is right in line around $15 a piece you see online. I would call other dealers in the Salt Lake city area. Not only for pricing of the part but they charge shipping. Find out not only their price but if they are going to charge you shipping.

I sold a 99 4Runner to my bother in-law. Driver's door power lock wouldn't work on hot days and replaced before he picked it up. Called a number of dealers local to me in the Phoenix area. Every dealer was at list to 20% over list. Finally found one a little further away who would match online pricing. Paid tax but no shipping charge. Point is all dealers are independent and can sell parts for what ever they like and guessing that includes adding in shipping charges if they can get away with it. In today's world having a part number goes a long way to finding out what is a good price. Do your homework.

I may be wrong. I often am. I don't think you will be getting an OEM tank. I purchased and aftermarket tank for my 79 FJ40 and while it was a perfect fit it did not have a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. I took the old and new tanks to a local expert welder and had him cut the drain plug out of the old tank and weld it into the new tank. The new tank looks like it shipped from the factory with the plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom