October ROTM 2014 - Mexico Beach Run 10/17 - 10/19/2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably better for around the campfire....

On the Mexican hwy to the beach we came to a road block:eek: by young Federal police with automatic weapons but once they realized we didnt speak the language they waived us on.

We used to see this on the highway North going home. Straw cowboy hats and "Piscado Yummy" always got us through.:clap:

Amazing pictures, can't wait to hear all the stories that go along with the trip. As Paul Harvey would say "and now for the rest of the story"

I've been way too busy at work these past several months, and I'm bummed I missed this. I would have gone, had I known.

I actually lifted my head above water around the first of the month, and we made a run south as quick as we could! We were in Cholla Bay, at our families house, Oct 2nd thru the 6th. First time across the border in more than 16 months. Couldn't believe how much Rocky Point had changed. Visted my long time friend, who is now in business with Ed Chileen, at the new "Crazy Ed's Satified Frog" in the malecon. It's in the Vina del Mar, great food, great ocean views, cold cervezas. It was a much need recharge of the batteries trip for all of us.

I'm headed back down in November or December to bring my FJ62 back home. I just bought it back from my Uncle.

Where is there turn off of 8 to get down to that beach?

Congrats Big D ! Shes been on a vacation down in Cholla Bay and now coming home...:steer:

seriously, if you guys do that trip again and wouldn't mind an east coast guy tagging along, i would be interested for sure!

seriously, if you guys do that trip again and wouldn't mind an east coast guy tagging along, i would be interested for sure!

Im leaving today at 11:30:flipoff2:

Im leaving today at 11:30:flipoff2:

Where is the turn off in Rocky Point to get down to that beach? Or is it super-secret? :)

Might try to head down tomorrow to escape the NASCAR mayhem going on around my house.

Where is the turn off in Rocky Point to get down to that beach? Or is it super-secret? :)

Might try to head down tomorrow to escape the NASCAR mayhem going on around my house.

Not in Rocky Point on the way to ElGolfo

PM sent

Phil, it's going to take me 2 days just to get to the boarder and that's if i leave right now!! Wait up!

Pic_1108_025.jpg
Pic_1108_021.jpg
The LEXUS makes it up Competition Hill

Now back to wave counting

Last edited:
Wave counting is essential to mans existence. In my experience it is most successful when accompanied by a cooler full of Tecate light:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom