OBD plug & Ultragauge power issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
97 land cruiser. UltraGauge has been working for quite some time. Today it did not turn on. I removed it from the OBD connection and plugged it back in. It immediately came back on. After I turned off the vehicle and turned it back on the ultragauge still didn’t turn on. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it works.

Why is it not getting constant connectivity here?

watching this as I have a similar issue with the same year, but my OBD port won't power the scan tool at all. Stupid PO and his aftermarket alarm ... why can't people be truthful on CL with their ads?

97 land cruiser. UltraGauge has been working for quite some time. Today it did not turn on. I removed it from the OBD connection and plugged it back in. It immediately came back on. After I turned off the vehicle and turned it back on the ultragauge still didn’t turn on. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it works.

Why is it not getting constant connectivity here?
May not be a connectivity issue. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the Ultra Gauge?

May not be a connectivity issue. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the Ultra Gauge?
Haven’t tried that but I will now.

Haven’t tried that but I will now.
Occasionally my UG gets really stupid and needs a reset. It either will not boot or there will be no display. This happens very rarely and it works fine 99.9% of the time.

I reset it, still have the same issue. If I unplug it and plug it back in it comes up fine. Frustrating

I’m having the same issue with this. Was this ever resolved ?
My experience with ultra gauge is the same as what @jonheld posted.

99%of the time it’s fine. The rest of the time unplugging and plugging back it gets it going. More than one unit in more than one vehicle.

Try pressing the top right button (looking at the Ultragage). I sometimes just need to press the button and it will turn on.

My experience with ultra gauge is the same as what @jonheld posted.

99%of the time it’s fine. The rest of the time unplugging and plugging back it gets it going. More than one unit in more than one vehicle.
FWIW, my original UG that I bought in June of 2014 very rarely had any issues until the back light stopped working and I was unable to see the display in bright daylight. It was 3 years past the warranty period, so I purchased another one in July of 2020 and gave my old one to my neighbor.
The new one has not had any issues at all since installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom