o ring fix solved high idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***Update***

As I mentioned yesterday, I tried one o-ring which made my idle way too low, and two still kept it around 1200rpm for a few minutes. This morning I went and disconnected the battery and then started it. After a few starts, all is normal. Now, with one o-ring, it idles around 1000 rpm and settles down to 650 in short order. Looks like resetting the ECU's memory did the trick.

Try resetting your ECU and see if that makes a difference.

well shoot- reset ecu, worked like a charm last night and this morning. tonight when i left work I started up the truck "vvrrrrroooommmm" up to 2000rpms! its like the dang thing reset itself. unplugged the battery and re plugged it in tonight after i got home, let it sit for a few hours and its fine again- does this ecu try to correct itself or something? anyone else had this happen?

Mine starts out at about 1800 then quickly to 1600 but when it is warm it runs so great that I hate to screw it up. I am very interested in what you guys come up with here.

anyone know if the ecu will try to "correct" itself? i hate to have to unplug the battery every day to keep the idle down- by any chance has anyone just replaced the IAC?

let me know if it works for you guys- cause i tried o rings- then went to washers- but still has high idle...i have considered just replacing the IAC- if i knew for a fact it would fix it i would drop the $$$

Newb question: For the FZJ-80, how high should the idle be normally first thing on a cold start, say with 60-70'F air temp, and how long should it take to get down to 650rpm's, assuming temp sensors, IAC, thermostat, etc are all working properly?

Did this today. Worked out great. The screws were a bugger to get out but once I got them to break free the process was cake. Thanks to all for the info.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom