SOLD NYC Tri-State (or ANYWHERE): 1999 Lexus LX470 with 169k –– Well-Sorted with Extensive Maintenance Records (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
  2. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(230, 224, 169)
Very sad to do this but Jiffy, my beloved 1999 LX470, is for sale. I thought I’d own this car forever, but unforeseen circumstances have me moving to England. I can’t take him with me and I’ll need the money to fund an HDJ100…. :)

Title is clean, in my name, and in-hand. Will come with 5 OEM master keys. Last six Blackstone Oil Analyses, Carfax, maintenance records, and fuel records are linked to below. Truck is Cashmere Beige with an Ivory interior. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Feel free to email jstarr2012 at gmail if you are not a member here.

Currently parked in 18426 to avoid NYC parking drama, happy to arrange to show to anyone with a serious interest. May be in the Daytona Beach, FL area around Christmas and New Year’s. I am, however, happy to deliver anywhere in CONUS, Alaska, or maybe even Canada.

Jiffy was completed on August 20th, 1998 at ARACO and currently has 169,624 miles on the odometer. I purchased him in March of 2019 with 124,268 miles. He has extensive service records since new, currently with 136 entries. The Lexus service records PDF is 28 pages long! I also have Blackstone Oil reports for the entirety of my nearly 50,000 mile ownership (6 reports), as well as oil filter media samples from the last two oil changes. In addition I have records of every single tank of gas that has ever been put into this car during my ownership (Jiffy is partial to V-Power). All records will be made available as attachments to this post, in addition to the Carfax. The Carfax does show an accident many years ago, but I have been absolutely all over this truck and the only evidence I can see is that one of the rear taillights has been replaced. All body panels have matching VINs. I am guessing the original owner just backed into a lamppost or something.

I have driven this car very far during my ownership, mainly on extended trips, and without any significant problems –– including spending lots of time being fairly remote. I would not hesitate to drive Jiffy across the continent immediately at any time. He has been used off-road, but nothing major. I didn’t get off-road tires until two months ago (and have not been off-road since). All offroading prior to that was done on street tires which should exhibit the difficulty of any trail I may have been on (I never got stuck)…. Really nothing much harder than gravel forest service roads. 95+% of the miles I have done have been on pavement, and probably 90+% of those have been on the highway.

Link to full album with 87 high-resolution photos.
Link to auxiliary “adventure” album with 76 additional photos.

Full Service Records
Lexus Service Records
Blackstone Reports for Last 6 Oil Changes
Fuel Fill Up Log for Last 46k Miles
Carfax

Service Record Highlights:
  • Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, coolant hoses replaced @ 108k in June 2016
  • A/C lines and rear A/C unit replaced @ 108k
  • Rear lower control arms replaced with new OEM @ 108k
  • AHC Globes and Shocks replaced with new OEM @ 116k
  • Heater Tees replaced, OEM @ 124k in April 2019
  • Wheel bearing service @ 125k
  • New OEM front Lower Control Arms and Front Sway Bar Bushings @ 125k
  • EZ Oil drain valve installed @ 128k
  • New fuel filter @ 140k
  • Bi-Xenon HID projectors installed @ 140k
  • Completely rebuilt handbrake, including BOSS 4WD struts @ 141k
  • New rear brake pads and caliper slide pins @ 141k
  • Power steering flush @ 152k
  • Wheel bearing service with new Koyo bearings and races from Cruiser Outfitters and new seals, paying very careful attention to preload and snap ring thickness @ 152k
    • Driver’s side: greased generously with M1 Synthetic and set preload to 12.1 lbs before torquing locking nut, measured 14.1 lbs after. Snap ring used: 90520-31008 (2.2 mm thickness), gap measured as less than 0.04 mm.
    • Passenger’s side: Greased generously with M1 Synthetic and set preload to 11.9 lbs before locking nut, measured 13.6 after. Snap ring used: 90520-31007 (2.4 mm thickness), gap measured at 0.15mm. Next larger snap ring did not fit.
  • Replaced front upper control arm ball joint @ 152k
  • New steering rack bushings @ 153k
  • New front brake calipers and pads @ 157k
  • Brake flush @ 157k
  • AHC flush @ 157k
  • AHC adjusted (pressures/sensors/torsion bars) to factory spec @ 167k
    • Front pressure is at 6.9 MPa (perfect), Rear pressure is at 6.8 MPa (0.1 MPa high), Accumulator pressure is at 10.4 MPa (perfect). Front right sensor -0.1” (intentional as this was done with no driver in the car), front left sensor 0.0”, rear sensor 0.0”. 12 graduations on the reservoir from Low to High.
  • Alignment by Smart Toyota @ 168k
    • Car currently pulls slightly to the right but given the recent alignment I am fairly certain it is due to the tires.
  • Regular changes to engine oil, diff/transfer case oils, driveline grease, air filters (engine and cabin), etc.

Mechanical:
9/10. I have never had a single issue with the engine, transmission, transfer case, diffs, brakes, suspension, etc, and I have impeccably maintained all of it. The AHC was completely replaced (shocks and globes) by the previous owner at 116k and it works absolutely beautifully. I will never own another without AHC –– it is SUCH a good system. Oil was leaking from the passenger’s side valve cover area when I purchased it but retorquing the bolts solved that problem with no further issues to date. Steering rack exhibited a small leak as well but a bit of AT-205 and that problem has also gone away. Please see the service documents attached for everything that has been done –– very few stones have been left unturned. “Pin 7” mod has been completed allowing the locking of the center differential in high range. A/C blows cold and strong. I would not hesitate (and have not hesitated) to take this car on full cross country trips to very remote locations –– check my gas log to see everywhere we’ve been if you are interested.

Electrical:
9/10. Headlights have been upgraded to Bi-Xenon HID projectors and the results are stunning, easily as good as my family’s 2017 BMW X3 factory optioned with HIDs. High beams are HIR bulbs coupled with the full unshielded glory of the HIDs. This is not a simple HID bulb add-in, this is the real deal where I baked the headlights and replaced the projectors themselves. The only electrical issue I can think of is with the power mirrors –– they don’t always like to fold in. And the seat memory function has never worked, but I’ve been in at least twenty 100s and I can’t recall it functioning on any of them –– I almost wonder if the buttons were decorative! Beyond that the only “issue” is that the retracting radio antenna is missing, though that only affects AM –– the FM radio antenna is built into the passenger’s side rear quarter window. Everything else works. In addition to the HID headlights I have added an AUX cable input, high powered LED reverse lamps, a rear fog lamp, and completed the “power outlets always on” mod. I have also wired the corner lamps to additionally function as turn signals (as they do on the 100 series LC). “D Light” mod has also been completed.

Exterior:
8/10. Jiffy is not a beauty king, but looks great from 10 feet away. Closer than that and you may notice imperfections in the paint (scratches to clear coat from branches, and some chip corrections that I inadvisably did myself). The underbody is very clean for a Northern truck but there is some rust nonetheless. Underbody photos are attached. I spent over 8 months searching for a 100 series when I was buying and Jiffy must have been at least the 20th example I saw that I was finally satisfied with. The one slightly pressing issue on the exterior is the windshield. The previous owner had it replaced and it was a very bad job, which has led to some rust forming around the perimeter. Additionally the current windshield has two small chips and a small crack in it. Suffice it to say it needs to be replaced and at the same time the perimeter should be repaired. It is not a particularly critical job, nor should it be an overly difficult or expensive one, but it must be mentioned. Besides the windshield perimeter there is no body rust anywhere that I have noticed. About the gold color of the car: I was admittedly skeptical of the color when I first got Jiffy. However, the color has really grown on me and the practicality of it cannot be denied — it hides dirt extremely well.

Interior:
8/10. The interior is clean with no undue odors of any kind. I do not smoke and do not have pets. The steering wheel and transmission shifter knob leather show wear commensurate with the age of the vehicle but do not affect functionality in any way. Should be fairly cheap and easy to source replacements from parts vehicles, eBay, or get the originals recovered. I was intending to do the latter with the addition of wrapping heating tape underneath the leather to make it a heated steering wheel, but I just never got around to it. The front seat bottoms show their age with some cracking but it is nowhere near as bad as it could be. They are still fully intact, though could use some TLC. Should be easily repaired, replaced, or covered. Again, no impact to the functionality in any way. The front seat backs and the rear seats are pristine. The carpets are in fine condition, if a little darker than I think they may have been originally. I have had rubber floor mats installed since I bought the car –– Lund in the front and Weathertech in the center. I purchased what must have been every brand and model of rubber mat on the market and after lots of trial and error these are what fit the best! They will be included, along with the original carpet inserts.

Modification Highlights:
  • HID projectors installed in the low beams using Lou’s bracket.
  • AUX reversing lamp pods have been wired into the factory rear bumper. Super powerful!!
  • Factory driver’s side reversing lamp has been converted to work instead as a rear fog lamp. All factory wiring is still in place so this would be easy to undo.
  • Interior lights all replaced with warm LEDs. The color temperature is indistinguishable from incandescent.
  • All 4 corner markers have been replaced with LEDs.
  • Converted front corner markers to additionally work as turn signals (as in the 100 LC).
  • All 4 brake lights have been replaced with LEDs.
  • Wired in an AUX input.
  • Pin 7 Mod (full control of center diff lock).
  • Pin 17 Mod (full control of fog lamps).
  • “Power outlets always on” Mod.
  • “D-Light” Mod.
  • Rubber floor mats in first and second rows.
  • Dielectric grease for all engine bay electrical connections.
  • BOSS 4WD Australia front recovery points (installed but never used).
  • BOSS 4WD Australia extended 316 stainless steel handbrake dogbones.

Included Extras Not Pictured (possibly depending on sale location):
  • 4x factory 16” LX470 wheels, located in NYC.
  • 4x factory 16” LC100 wheels, located in NE PA.
  • 1x OEM rear driveshaft, located in NYC. I removed this due to a vibration but I suspect it was just due to an uneven distribution of grease in the slip yoke.
  • 2x OEM front lower control arms, located in NYC. Ball joints are shot but those are easily replaced with Sankei 555s.
  • Engine cover, transfer case skid plate, and one third row seat (driver's side I think) are also located in NYC.

Sale Notes:
  • Not included unless otherwise arranged:
    • The 17” imported Australian-spec 17" LC200 wheels and tires pictured. I plan to install the tires on my brother’s GX and keep the wheels for a future 100 or 200 when I return from England (the wheels in particular were extremely difficult to acquire). I suppose everything has a price but I’d be very surprised if you could convince me to part with these wheels!
    • Will include a set of 16” LC wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak tires if sold in the Chicago area, or 16” LX wheels with Kumho Road Venture tires if sold in the New York area. Both sets of tires are at around 4/32” tread depth. Tires are a very personal choice so I see this as a positive as I am sure the new owner will want to choose what to run! Buyer can have the other set of 16s for free assuming they arrange pickup or shipping. These other sets of wheels can be seen in numerous photos in the linked albums.
    • The air compressor. I plan to install this on my brother’s GX.
    • The rear platform. I plan to use this with a future 100 or 200 when I return from England. Or for my brother’s GX if it fits.
    • The Scangauge II. I’ll be taking this with me to England. An invaluable tool –– I highly recommend picking one up.
  • Happy to deliver anywhere in the Continental United States or Alaska, or maybe even Canada, provided that 1) payment is received in advance, and 2) I am reimbursed for gas and a plane ticket home.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I love talking Land Cruisers and I’d be very happy to speak with you.

Asking $20,000.

DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1351.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

DSCF1329.jpg

DSCF1394.jpg

DSCF1395.jpg

DSCF1396.jpg

DSCF1412.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1375.jpg

DSCF1374.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

FEE84235-F0D4-48EC-A94E-23114D684DD3-583-0000006E751A4B58.jpg

IMG_7726.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG
IMG_7657.JPG
IMG_6642.JPG
A95699D2-1BC5-43F9-BC39-CF2BF07182D1-225-00000011085CDAFA.jpg

Showing rear fog.

Last edited:
I personally know the owner and the truck. It is very very well taken care of, and the seller is a perfectionist to a fault when it comes to baselining his rig.

I personally know the owner and the truck. It is very very well taken care of, and the seller is a perfectionist to a fault when it comes to baselining his rig.

Thanks Classy! Very much appreciate the endorsement.

I will be driving Jiffy from Madison, WI to NYC this Friday the 19th of November. If anyone along the I-80/I-90 corridor is interested I'd be happy to stop off for a viewing/test drive. Send me a message and we'll set it up!

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 07.02.21.png

Driving the thousand miles to NY tomorrow so updating thread title to reflect Jiffy's impending Northeast availability.

Last edited:
Very well done For Sale thread and wishing you safe travels @js47 . GLWS

Cheers mate,
G

Very well done For Sale thread and wishing you safe travels @js47 . GLWS

Cheers mate,
G

Thanks G, I got in late last night. I’m always impressed how easy it feels to drive a thousand miles in one day in a 100. So comfortable. Didn’t even need to take a single Advil! I felt like I could have gone even further (and in the past, I have). In my old Subaru (RIP Benjy) my whole body would start hurting after about 4 hours....

This was my first time towing with a 100 series (trailer was probably about 2,000 pounds) but honestly the car drove like it wasn’t even there. Maybe a 1 mpg fuel efficiency hit but that’s it. Even with the trailer I was still faster and more efficient than an 80. Really impressed.

Jiffy had great numbers as always. Coolant temp was rocksteady at 188 °F the entire drive, and the transmission pretty steady at 118 °F — never getting hotter than 130 °F. Alternator was putting out a steady 14.1 to 14.2 volts.

All in all a very successful journey!

2636CC91-711A-4BBA-BBC9-098574F7E46B.jpeg

Thanks G, I got in late last night. I’m always impressed how easy it feels to drive a thousand miles in one day in a 100. So comfortable. Didn’t even need to take a single Advil! I felt like I could have gone even further (and in the past, I have). In my old Subaru (RIP Benjy) my whole body would start hurting after about 4 hours....

This was my first time towing with a 100 series (trailer was probably about 2,000 pounds) but honestly the car drove like it wasn’t even there. Maybe a 1 mpg fuel efficiency hit but that’s it. Even with the trailer I was still faster and more efficient than an 80. Really impressed.

Jiffy had great numbers as always. Coolant temp was rocksteady at 188 °F the entire drive, and the transmission pretty steady at 118 °F — never getting hotter than 130 °F. Alternator was putting out a steady 14.1 to 14.2 volts.

All in all a very successful journey!

View attachment 2843931
Many have said they wished they never sold their 💯 as it is hard to find a good replacement to their comfort and dependability. :cool:

Many have said they wished they never sold their 💯 as it is hard to find a good replacement to their comfort and dependability. :cool:

I know. I dread being without a 100, I would never sell if I weren't moving to another continent. But I aim to pick up a manual transmission HDJ100 once I get over there so hopefully I do not have to suffer hundyless for too long!

For those who have asked, here is a video showing the operation of the sunroof. Never had any issue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom