ntsaint's FJ40 search and build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've always heard good things about them but am starting to wonder.

Yeah that’s the manual box cleaned up and ready to go back in. Because WTO can’t get any power box to hold seal. Even with a new oem $650 sector shaft installed. To F it I’m back to manual.

Big thanks to @wngrog for cutting a manual pedestal off one of his parts trucks for me. Pick it up from powder tomorrow.

185A94B6-E5F2-40F8-9500-C40440C217C0.jpeg

Dang that sucks, I’ve also always heard good things about them, I did that conversion on a 72 and it worked great.

Send me your box. I'll take it to a buddy and have him look at it ......

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Georg I appreciate it but I’ve sent the box back to WTO so they can get the sector shaft out of it and get my money back. I’ve already got everything ripped out of the truck, manual box is going in today. Very much thank you for the offer though.

Look I’m not bashing them. I’m just saying that after three attempts, the last one with all new oem internals, they can’t get one to hold seal. Time to move on.

If they told you New OEM internals, they must be smoking something. Those parts haven't been around for well over 10 years. Maybe more. Including sectors.

If they told you New OEM internals, they must be smoking something. Those parts haven't been around for well over 10 years. Maybe more. Including sectors.

They told me they brought them in from Aus a while back and only had a few left.

Who knows. Moot now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom