November 2017 Trail Ride_China Wall_on Saturday, 18th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Saturday, November 18th is the monthly trail ride. This month's destination is China Wall.

China Wall | Trails Offroad

Meet between 8am and 8:30am at the Western convenience store on Hwy 24 in Crystola (south of WP)
The group will depart at approximately 8:30am.

FM Radio: 146.460
CB Radio: 4

Target is to be off the trail by 3pm.

Has anyone been out there lately? There was chatter on another board that there have been some new sections gated off recently. Hate to get out there and not have a back up plan.

I was out there a few months ago and did not notice anything unusual. I am going to be late showing up, you guys going to hang out at the rocks for a while?

The main body of the trail is still open into the winter. I think it closes in January.
They have closed off all non-authorized routes with T-posts. There was a transfer trail 204A, that was closed. The north side of the hill at the center entrance was closed, and a rock play area on the South end of the trail was closed. Lots of new signs.
The trail is still as most people remember it, you'd only notice the closures if you spend a lot of time there, and had time to roam the cool side trips.

The seasonal closure is to protect Bighorn lambing areas.

I will be joining. I'm going to invite a couple of "Jeep" buddies.

Has anyone been out there lately? There was chatter on another board that there have been some new sections gated off recently. Hate to get out there and not have a back up plan.

JD (the trailsoffroad contributor who wrote the guide for China Wall) was out there yesterday; see his trip report at/near the bottom of the page:
China Wall | Trails Offroad

@black95 and @CO_Hunter are both correct.

If you want to look at the trail on the MVUM, it is in the South Park Ranger District. The Pike San Isabel (PSI) Seasonal Closures are listed here:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd523524.pdf

The closure date for China Wall (FS Road 212 and 204) is 1 January to 15 June.

Last edited:
Think I'll be making this as well.

I'm debating whether to make it out or not. I've not done the trail before...I'm sure both my rigs are capable of doing the trail, but do I want to get up extra early to drive the FJ40, or could I do damage with a stock Xterra? Healthwise, I'm feeling pretty good. Luke, you're not allowed to answer! :rofl:

yes you want to get up early and come in the 40. You will not regret it at the end of the day.

Reactions: SAS
Anyone on the fence about coming, seeing Luke's new rig will be worth the trip alone :steer::cool:

Shhhh.... it's a secret. :D

Already two inches of snow up here. Looks like I won't be towing Claire's XJ out. Too dangerous on slick roads. I will meet up at the Western. I'll have CB and Ham.

Good run today everyone..huge turnout and nice to be out in the woods and sunshine. Here are some pics.
chwall-2.jpg
chwall-3.jpg
chwall-4.jpg
chwall-5.jpg

chwall-6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom