Events/Trails November 17, 2023 Monthly Meeting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
It completely slipped my mind that there is a meeting tonight.
Same time 7:30
Same place: Tempe Sonic/QT on Broadway

Once again. I cannot be there as I have a dinner to attend.

Typical stuff:
1. New members
2. ROTH
Matt, @TheGrrrrr is hosting November’s ROTM, which is tomorrow 11/18/23, the back way to Sheep’s Bridge. Starting off at Bell Lexus on north Scottsdale Road.
Any takers for December and beyond?
3. Holiday Party - We have the funds to host a party, but I cannot host this year, sorry. Does anyone else want to host and/or find a place to have a party? Typically 40 or so people attend.
4. New business
a. We should start to think about the next t-shirt color we want.
b. Do we want to try for a swap meet sometime in the spring?

Please post up what is missing.

Thank you.

It completely slipped my mind that there is a meeting tonight.
Same time 7:30
Same place: Tempe Sonic/QT on Broadway

Once again. I cannot be there as I have a dinner to attend.

Typical stuff:
1. New members
2. ROTH
Matt, @TheGrrrrr is hosting November’s ROTM, which is tomorrow 11/18/23, the back way to Sheep’s Bridge. Starting off at Bell Lexus on north Scottsdale Road.
Any takers for December and beyond?
3. Holiday Party - We have the funds to host a party, but I cannot host this year, sorry. Does anyone else want to host and/or find a place to have a party? Typically 40 or so people attend.
4. New business
a. We should start to think about the next t-shirt color we want.
b. Do we want to try for a swap meet sometime in the spring?

Please post up what is missing.

Thank you.

I'll head down for meeting if anyone else wants to post up that they are going. As for the ROTM tomorrow, its looking like rain overnight and through the morning. Bell Lexus says the event there is rain or shine so I'll be going. The trail run may ultimately audible to a different trail as I'm expecting backway to sheeps bridge to a bit of a mess with the rain. We'll probably make a gametime decision when we meet up as to where we go, based what folks want to do.

Welp this also slipped my mind until just now and I cannot attend, apologies🤦🏻‍♀️

Impromptu Meeting Minutes from last night;

Attendees; 5 club members, 1 new prospective member (*Doug, who owns a 1974 FJ40), and several people stopped by to check out our 80s and expressed interest in the club, who we are, and when we meet. I gave away a few CSC business cards to garner interest in the club.

Discussion Topics;
1. Run Of The Month (ROTM) - With holiday season on us and a lot of people taking time off of work, there's an appetite for run leaders and coordinators. If you're thinking of getting out or want to try a new trail, post on the CSC Clubhouse forum and maybe someone else is thinking the same. @TheGrrrrr is leading a run right now which began at a Show & Shine event at a local Toyota dealership, followed by a planned trip to Sheep's Bridge, though plans may have changed with weather this morning.

2. Recent Trip Reports - Back road to Crown King: this trail has gotten worse most recently, with damage to tires and vehicles at the rock garden which has no bypass braid. If you're thinking of making this run, armor and proper tires and lift are recommended. The Cleator / Senator Highway section is clear and easily passable by stock vehicles. Montana Mountain: this has become a popular S×S destination, so expect traffic on the switchbacks to the south entry in the afternoon if running this clockwise from the north. Pro-Tip - run it counter-clockwise starting in the morning to avoid afternoon S×S traffic in the afternoons.

3. Club Shirts & Hoodies - the club is looking at new color combinations for shirt design. If you have a preference, please send this via PM to @Saddletramp for consideration.

More likely than not, there won't be a December (*3rd Friday of the month) meeting, as that's the Friday before Christmas weekend, so watch for announcements in January for meeting dates in 2024.

Thanks to everyone who made the drive to spend time together, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom