Not another fj60 gas tank recall issue. Called Toyota corporate today. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a larger capacity new tank, someone on here sales them.

Like the idea of a long range tank, but the price check at Man-ain't-free is waaaaaay to high :eek:. No way am I paying almost $1200 for a fuel tank

I've built them but you can't really build them for less until the numbers get in the 20~50 unit range. Even then , the price would probably be right at 1000.00.Forming them like the factory is the only way to build them in the 500~600 range but that requires specific tooling where the cost
never be recovered considering the numbers the 60 tanks would see. The 60 never had the sales of the 40 or 80 series in North America.
1200 for a rear tank, whatever the capacity is probably going to be the reality. Either that or retrofit a tank from something else and deal with the fitment issues

Just spoke to a dealership in Glendale CA. They told me no tanks are available and to call corporate about a buyback (this is for a 60)... anyone know if this is actually true?

Tim

Absolutely untrue.

77001-60241 is the part number.

Readily available if you have an FJ60 (not a 62).

There are a few parts that are discontinued from the kit. As such, most dealerships are not going to do the work if the entire kit is not available.

You might be out of pocket on this one.

Try another dealer.

I JUST finished mine a week ago through the dealer. There was 1 part number that was NLA (77250-60050 Hose, Fuel Return) and Toyota Corporate worked with me and the dealer to complete the job. The corporate # is (800)331-4331 and ask for Devona. She got everything worked out and may be able to refer you to a dealer nearby.

Homey55, what dealership did you work with? I have 2 new hoses in bag part # 77250-60050. The one I can not find is 77260-60060. Pm if you do not want to publish the dealer name. Thanks.

Lithia Toyota in Medford Oregon. My tank is done though and Toyota agreed to let the dealership use regular bulk fuel hose, rather than the specific part in the recall package.

Just got off the phone w Toyota corporate. They were super helpful and are going to contact the dealer. Have y'all had good experiences with the dealer service dept doing the work?

I'm slightly worried about my lack of smog gear, but I have no idea how it got that way! :)

The dealer is only going to change the parts in the kit. They do not care about any other issues unless you ask them to address them. The mechanic that did my gas tank forgot to tighten the tank strap and the spare tire mount, luckily I noticed it when I was putting new shocks on last weekend.

Thanks for that! Yeah I was going to ask what they might possibly eff up. I'll probably have someone with a lift verify that it's good :)

wtf? received this today

-------------------------------

Hi Timothy,

Our team had tried to order the parts from Toyota/ warehouse and the parts are no longer available (believe me, warranty/ recall work for us is money and if Toyota cannot supply us the parts then we are unable to proceed with the repairs).

The only option Toyota has for you is offering to buy back your vehicle. I understand it’s probably not in your favor but I would have to know whether you agree or disagree so that I could send your case over to the right Toyota representative.

I truly apologize for what happened. Let me know what you decide Timothy. Let me know if you need any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Sophie Khiev

Customer Relations Manager

Toyota of Glendale

1260 S. Brand Blvd.

Glendale, CA. 91204

Main 818.244.4196

Direct 818.572.4741

sophie@toyotaofglendale.com

Just got off the phone with corporate... I had them send a msg to her to call me... hopefully she can sort it out!

Thanx

Tim

Mine does not show as being recalled.

What was the reason for the tank recall??

Did you look up your car on the Toyota web site? It gives the explanation. Basically extreme conditions could lead to it cracking... And you and your rig blowing up A Team style. Sounds like a cool way to go!

Yes, used the Toyota site and mine was listed as having no recall. Search was by VIN #.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom