Northwestern Rear bumper system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered this from Northwest Trail Innovations. The pictures are his truck, I wanted to see more before order. Will be a few weeks until it comes, but looks great. Northwest Trail Innovations

Whole thing was $1,500 to my door.

IMG_24641.jpg

IMG_25091.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking bumper! I love it. The pivots for the spare tire and ladder swingouts- do they pivot in bearings (looks like probably bearings to me) or bushings? Any way to grease them? What do the pull up latches locate into when the swingouts are open? I didn't see any holes in the top of the bumper for them to drop into. Thhat bumper is gonna look great on your truck.

That’s a great deal as long as the quality is there. I like it, but I’d wager you’ll find the ladder swingout an annoyance. Are the lights optional? If you do get lights, I’d reccomend wiring them on a separate circuit and not as a reverse light...LED’s are BRIGHT as :censor:

That’s a great deal as long as the quality is there. I like it, but I’d wager you’ll find the ladder swingout an annoyance. Are the lights optional? If you do get lights, I’d reccomend wiring them on a separate circuit and not as a reverse light...LED’s are BRIGHT as :censor:

I was on the fence about the ladder. Why do you think it will be annoying? The light's are not part of the kit.

Awesome looking bumper! I love it. The pivots for the spare tire and ladder swingouts- do they pivot in bearings (looks like probably bearings to me) or bushings? Any way to grease them? What do the pull up latches locate into when the swingouts are open? I didn't see any holes in the top of the bumper for them to drop into. Thhat bumper is gonna look great on your truck.

Good questions, I got exited and ordered without asking. ha. I'll ask. The shell is 3/16. Frame and shackle mounts are 3/4 and side braces/wings are 3/8.

I would guess the ladder is annoying because if you are parked on any type of slant you have to secure both side before opening the top hatch?

I'm looking forward to you providing more input after getting it installed. I'm in the market for a rear bumper and this looks similar to the 4x4 Labs unit, but is $1K less.

That's a really low price for a rear bumper with dual swingouts. I'd investigate quality and materials before I felt comfortable running that. Also no hitch?

I was on the fence about the ladder. Why do you think it will be annoying? The light's are not part of the kit.

Everytime you want to get into the back of your truck, you have two swingouts to deal with. It gets tiresome...

Everytime you want to get into the back of your truck, you have two swingouts to deal with. It gets tiresome...
Well ya have that and with all the toe holds all around and the tail gate to stand on, even at my feeble age I have no trouble getting up top without a ladder.

Did you ever get the bumper? And dual swingouts- I have ém on my 40 and when the hardtop is on I need to swing both of them open to access the rear of the truck. Is what it is and I've grown accustomed to it. I guess swinging one open (for the tire carrier) like on my 81 series is easier than swinging two out of the way. I'm looking forward to seeing that bumper in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom