Northern AZ "Official" Meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, that was quick. I'm out of the NorAZ scene, and single again. I think I'll also be out of the Cruiser scene now too.

Huh? Did she steal your Cruiser?

Do these still happen. I would like to go if they do. I am also interested in becoming a member of CSC but can't make it to the PHX meet ups.

Do these still happen. I would like to go if they do. I am also interested in becoming a member of CSC but can't make it to the PHX meet ups.

Actually, I'm going to start having regular meets up here again, along with runs.

I'm trying to figure out a route for a "Pines to the Mines" run from Flag to Jerome, with primative camping in the FS land between Cottonwood and Sedona, a night run of Broken arrow, and some short runs on Sunday in Sedona. As the route is now, there is no less than 100 miles of dirt road.

PM me your ph#. I have apps, shirts and decals.

Dave Anderson

Are you making it to the Fossil Creek cleanup?
I want to see you there and make plans to organize NAZ parts of the club. People in NAZ need to see the larger club so that they can see what the whole group can do. Some of us also need to assure club membership so that we can recommend it.

Would like to know if you guys still get together up north, I'm bringing up the new (to me) LX450 this weekend to the wife if everything checks out on it. It looks just like Cody's except stock. I work in valley mon thru wed and go up to munds park/pinewood thur to sun. Would be nice to meet some of the NAZ guys on the weekends, not around down in the valley on fridays...

Keep track of MOGAS, myself and others in NAZ. We are trying our best.
MOGAS is doing his best in the Flagstaff area, as I am in Prescott.
I have had a bit of a family emergency lately, so I have been slacking off, but I am back.
Mogas has had some success in his area, as I have had in mine. We each have a number of people showing up each month. NAZ is much more scattered in different areas than the southern desert areas are, so it is harder to get people together.
The people here are much more close about where the really interesting trails are than folks are in the desert areas. There is a real concern that if people know about the best places, they will be burned out.
If this seems unreasonable, just look at Rodeo-Chedeski, Four Peaks, and Crown King! Those lessons are not forgotten. It seems that whenever a great place becomes well-known, it goes up in smoke! Idiots collect, and it leads to disaster. TLCA is the best of the lot, but others tend to follow, and they are not as smart.
Folks here are very careful. We don't like to see our favorite places go up in smoke! We protect them by not talking about them.
I have been here for three years. I am just beginning to be allowed to know where the best trails are. The only reasons that I have been allowed is that I have committed myself by starting a business and committing myself to the area by raising a family here. Otherwise, I would just be another desert rat trying to be where I don't belong. I appreciate the trust put in me by those who have been here longer than I have. Thanks, Guys!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, The reason I'm up here is that i moved my wife and kids
out of the valley to provide them with a better quality of life. And you are correct in the idiots that come up here and tear up, trash and burn down the forest. But I still have to make a living and the valley is where I make a living and able to support my family living up here. I just recently bought the LX450 but I'm not new to toyota. I have been building toyotas street cars since 1979, owned new 81 4x4 SR5, 84 4X4 xtra cab SR5 which both of them had seen extensive wheeling around the silverton colo area. Always wanted a Landcruiser since my days as a toyota parts tech but unable until now to afford one. Was really looking for a landcruiser but after months of searching and one Ragged out after another found this very clean well cared for LX450 and stole it. I havent officially become a member of the copperstate cruisers but plan to in the near future. Just Would like to meet some of the NAZ peeps that are addicted to the cruiser like I have become addicted to them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom