North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We did a lot of the traverse this weekend. Charlie's Creek was fun, I was so bummed tray mountain was closed. Where is Flatland exactly? Is that near Suches?

View attachment 2004177
Check out popcorn road near blue ridge lake and Charlie’s creek. Both of those you can do with the family. Charlie’s creek crosses the AT at blue ridge gap at the opposite end. You can stop there and do a day home to break up the ride. The pin I sent has you crossing the talluah river.

Popcorn Rd
Georgia 30525

34°57'03.3"N 83°33'09.5"W

Sorry just saw you did Charlie’s.

Check out popcorn road near blue ridge lake and Charlie’s creek. Both of those you can do with the family. Charlie’s creek crosses the AT at blue ridge gap at the opposite end. You can stop there and do a day home to break up the ride. The pin I sent has you crossing the talluah river.

Popcorn Rd
Georgia 30525

34°57'03.3"N 83°33'09.5"W

Thanks dude. I'm trying to talk the wife into it now hahah. She was pretty beat after our second day where we did like 90 miles, grumpy tired kids, then one of em got car sick and puked in the backseat.....it was a long day. I had planned to stay that night at cooper creek, but every damn site was taken. With two kids I couldn't risk not being able to find a site so I had to give in and reserve a spot at a campground near helen the second night. We did try and run up the west side of Tray to find one of those sites before paying, but the first site marked on the GPS file sucked...and was full of trash. So I gave in and paid for a spot.

I got up and tried the other side of tray and found a road closed sign. but I'm glad we didn't call it because everyone enjoyed Charlie's Creek. Now I'm up in NC in Banner Elk.

It's only like 2 hours from me- are you thinking day trip or overnight?

I'd love to check it out, provided I can get around that peanutbutter soup you found 😁 Do you feel like my unlocked wagon would do alright on everything else?

GA you have to go...you're always looking for a challenge and you have factory center lock. Show them who's boss!

There ain’t nothin this beast won’t conquer @MongooseGA

im in on the 30th! ive been watching a bunch of videos of coppingers cove on youtube and im ready! ill see if any of my crew wants to go, all 4runners and a jeep, but im sure they would love it.

wait wait wait, my parents are coming to town that weekend for a long 4th of july weekend. so i guess im not in on the 30th :(

EDIT: wrong weekend. I CAN go on the 30th idk what i was thinking..

Last edited:
I've been wanting to, but from what I've seen I'd like to be sure to run with at least one other truck the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom