Noobie Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the window issue, I figured out what y'all meant about the €%#¥ window locks. Turns out it WAS the lock, just had no idea it locked down my controls as well as the passengers windows. RTFM, huh?:frown:

See I already solved your window issue. You definately owe $20. The best part is the $20 covers one hell of a crawfish shin dig. You just have to bring beer. Lots of beer.

I look away for a few minutes and there I go under the bus........lol
I guess you guys figured it out the lift is on and the tires happen tomorrow. I had this nice guy save me all the issues with shipping my lift, tires, and wheels coming off the 80.

Welcome Slabsides...... These guys are a pretty good crowd..... At least my wife gave me permission to hang with them again, so I guess they are ok!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals?). I appreciate the advice; the part about making it a sound ride first makes good sense to an ex grunt.

I've got very thick skin, and like to stir the pot as much as anyone. Good thing, too.... On the window issue, I figured out what y'all meant about the €%#¥ window locks. Turns out it WAS the lock, just had no idea it locked down my controls as well as the passengers windows. RTFM, huh?:frown:

When and where brother? lot of ex military and current guard guys in the club .....3 or 4 current air guard guys and im active turned full time army guard.

no worries on the window issue.....I couldn't crank my 40 for a week and Rob came over.....within 2 minutes he determined my brand new fuel regulator was bad.......who knew! so yo see.....these guys all ready saved you hours of misery and probably $300 in fees for a "mechanic" to fix your stuff

Slab,

Welcome to cottonland. I am in Memphis and
we occasionally get together for beer and wrenchin'.
Check the forum here for info on that.

Your down next to Todd (forgot screenname) who has
a great 80 and he also has great mechanic skills.
Look him up.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals?). I appreciate the advice; the part about making it a sound ride first makes good sense to an ex grunt.

I've got very thick skin, and like to stir the pot as much as anyone. Good thing, too.... On the window issue, I figured out what y'all meant about the €%#¥ window locks. Turns out it WAS the lock, just had no idea it locked down my controls as well as the passengers windows. RTFM, huh?:frown:

Awesome. Glad it was an easy fix.

I'll take this time to plug mud. Members who have ever benefited from tech advice from our forum or the tech forums ought to buy a star as a salute/thanks to the owners of the website. They don't charge CLC for this space. And we use it a lot.

Congrats and Welcome. This is a good place to have your money spent!

When and where brother? lot of ex military and current guard guys in the club .....3 or 4 current air guard guys and im active turned full time army guard.

no worries on the window issue.....I couldn't crank my 40 for a week and Rob came over.....within 2 minutes he determined my brand new fuel regulator was bad.......who knew! so yo see.....these guys all ready saved you hours of misery and probably $300 in fees for a "mechanic" to fix your stuff

1st BN, 6th INF, 1st AD. "Regulars, By God!" Ft. Illesheim, West Germany (yes Virginia, there were two Germanys after Uncle Sam removed his boot from... nevermind). I came out of Harmony Church OSUT Infantry training at Benning back in '86, so I'm dating myself I guess. Was technically a 11B10 (straight leg), but they dumped me in a friggin' mech unit in doucheland. :doh:

I'm very pro-military, did a ton for me personally. Turned out the world did not owe me a living after all, and sometimes you still don't get what you worked for. :)

I'm very pro-military, did a ton for me personally. Turned out the world did not owe me a living after all, and sometimes you still don't get what you worked for. :)

Me too. I was at Garlstedt with the 2nd AD in a Forward Air Control Air Force Unit from 1991-1993. Big, big changes happened in Germany while I was there. Fun times.

1st BN, 6th INF, 1st AD. "Regulars, By God!" Ft. Illesheim, West Germany (yes Virginia, there were two Germanys after Uncle Sam removed his boot from... nevermind). I came out of Harmony Church OSUT Infantry training at Benning back in '86, so I'm dating myself I guess. Was technically a 11B10 (straight leg), but they dumped me in a friggin' mech unit in doucheland. :doh:

Awesome...I was a 19 delta1p2b (airborne scout sniper) enlisted at Polk, Bragg, and Hood but am now an Intel officer reclassing to logistics. OSUT....ahhh fun times....field exercises and land nav in the snow at fort knox:crybaby:

Military has defnitely been a positive influence in my life as well.

Me too. I was at Garlstedt with the 2nd AD in a Forward Air Control Air Force Unit from 1991-1993. Big, big changes happened in Germany while I was there. Fun times.

I imagine that was pretty cool to have been there then. you do 20 all ready or get fed up?

Like an idiot I got out with 10 years, O-3. Got fed up with being a non-flyer in the Air Force. Intel for the last 7 years, Defense Intel Agency, Masters in Strategic Intelligence, Operational Intel with the B-52s, Pararescue, and A-10's. I tried to go back in last year but I would have had to do it before I turned 41. I miss it, but not sure I could deal with the BS again even if I had been qualified.

Like an idiot I got out with 10 years, O-3. Got fed up with being a non-flyer in the Air Force. Intel for the last 7 years, Defense Intel Agency, Masters in Strategic Intelligence, Operational Intel with the B-52s, Pararescue, and A-10's. I tried to go back in last year but I would have had to do it before I turned 41. I miss it, but not sure I could deal with the BS again even if I had been qualified.

It's been my experiene that it's HARD to go back into the being told what to do and being a cog in the wheel, but ignorance is bliss from where I sit bc I don't know what it's like to be in a civilian job. I just hit 7 years and have no desire to do anything but 20 and out!

You guys stuck it out way longer than I did! I did one enlistment, got out and went to get some schoolin'! Buddy went in with me, ETS'd with me and went to college, now he's a cannon cocker... er... artillery ossifer, is now a promotable major looking for the bird. He's become a different guy than the one I knew, just a hard life to live.

Got one!!!

You Army guys with all your foxtrots and bravos and such! Ha! Just an old glorified gas pumper here. POL troop since 87 with the Air Guard. Still "pumpin to please" till they run me off I guess. Full time Air Guard Technician presently. You know the old sayin': Without fuel pilots are pedestrians!

Welcome to the sickness! Come see us!

I'd love to be able to say that since I was a grunt we didn't need no stinkin' fuel... but it ain't so! Any honest grunt will prefer the bed of that deuce and a half over pounding leather. :p

I decided at about 8:30 last night that I'd install the seat rail mod that Landtank sells, since I've had it a few weeks. You know, just throw it in there real quick....

Who knew that the metal on those seat rails is made of adamantium, and that friggin' Superman himself would throw a disc drillin' em? 4 new bits later, and around 11ish (because hey, why buy extra bits when you run get one earlier, right?), I figure out the countersink bit I'm using has a different angle than the screw with the kit. Time to improvise, since I won't be running to the hardware store at this hour, so I just ground the screw to fit. :)

Reinstalled the seat, yeah, it worked, about to clean up and go to bed-and then realized that I didn't reinstall the rear cross member on the seat, or the rear stop-screws. Feeling pretty low function, I unplugged it and flipped it, fixed it in the truck, then put it back in.

Not a sexy mod, but when you're 6'5", that 2" of legroom is mui bueno!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the sickness! What part of Southaven you in? I am surprized I have not seen You around. Not to many LC running around here. O by the way You have got to pencil in the SCC in october to get the full effect of what this Crew does. That sould give you some time to get some mods done. Let me know if I can help ya.
Todd

Todd, I live down off Church, and work on 51 North of Bullfrog corner. Don't get down Hernando way much. Drop me an email at slabsides45@gmail.com and we can figure out a way to catch up some time!

The family was out of town this weekend, so I ended up working on the LX. I added the seat extension kit, which I didn't think would be a big deal. Turns out the seat rails eat DeWalt bits for dinner, and I ended up going through 4 bits to get the job done. :(

Also got really lucky and found a distributor O ring in stock at Wolfchase Toyota (special order for a customer who didn't use it), so ran up on Saturday and got it. Installed pretty easily, sprayed off the front of the engine well.

As of today, no leaks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom