Noobie getting BJ40 on the 9th. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife and I owned a FJ40 back in the 70's. Love at first sight - FJ and each other. being military, we shipped it to Germany for our 3-year tour. Sadly, it had to be traded for a faster more comfortable car when we got it back to the states.
Now, we'll be having a '75 BJ40 from Costa Rica to play with. The main issue with it is that it has AC only; no heater. I will be attempting to add that device but will need all the tech help and advice that I can get. between my son and me, we've plenty of tools and help. He and his buddies have built 2 Porsche 924's into reasonable race cars so abilities are present. I had restored and built WWI aircraft for a hobby at a museum in Texas so I too can turn wrenches.
Thanks for letting me ramble.
Dave

My 72 didn't come with a rear heater. I got a free heater/blower unit from a 17 place Chevy van. I spent like $20 for the hoses. a 3 speed switch and the lumber to make a box to hold the heater assembly.

I once let the rig warm up for 25 minutes when it was 20 below zero, running both heaters and an apron covering the bottom half of the radiator. When I opened the front door a ball of heat rolled out. The temp gauge hanging on the rear view mirror said 160 degrees. I have had 6 cross country skiers plus a 75 dog in the rig - still plenty of room inside.

No AC sadly other than 2 x 55.

That's amazing! I could a used that idea for my M151A2 when I was in Norway in February of. '88 and -52F. I think it might be over kill for North Carolina but it gives good ideas. Nice horse, too. The original ORV.

"Lady" my first rental horse. I once rolled her right across me while backing up. Her hind foot caught a downed wire in the grass. I was trying to dismount and she tipped over - the saddle horn was pressed into my thigh as she rolled across. Neither of us was really hurt. We continued the ride after a short intermission.

44 below zero Schwarzenwald winter 75-76 I think I had on every layer of issue gear from mickey mouse boots on up. It took like 10 minutes to undo enough layers just to pee.

I had 3 different Horses while in a memorial Cav unit at Ft Huachuca, AZ. Crow rode him in a Rose Parade, Tolla who had to be put down due to mesquite bean blocked gut and Sunny - certified by Army Vet Service as narcoleptic. That one di the roll over on me. We had a long talk and then got on with it. All were wonderful companions,

If you are looking for just a heater look at cab or cargo heaters. they are simple add ons with a heater hose circuit and a 12 (or24V) fan and switch. We have used orr & orr heaters in tractors for years and they have never failed.

If you are looking for just a heater look at cab or cargo heaters. they are simple add ons with a heater hose circuit and a 12 (or24V) fan and switch. We have used orr & orr heaters in tractors for years and they have never failed.
I shall definitely check them out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom