Noob with a FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy, my wife and I just acquired this 1994.5 80 Series from a local friend. Plans are to replace rusted rear doors and hatch. Replace the radiator support (has a rust hole) and inner fenders (both also have rust) once that's sorted out a vinyl wrap is on the ledger as well as swapping out the 285/75r16's for some narrower 255/85r16. But over all we're excited to appreciate it for what it is and do some family adventures here in the north woods! It has a spare tire carrier that the pivot spindle broke off of so I'll be building a double shear style pivot to prevent that. I spent the afternoon washing, waxing, and inspecting the old girl. A coat of waxoil will also get applied once any or if any mechanical work is completed!

The pics

IMG_3624.jpeg

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

Also if anyone could direct me towards window regulators and weather strip (if available) I'd love to have those on hand
Are you looking for the belt moldings that are on the outside of the door?

1692190572753.png

If so use these part numbers at your local dealer or on partsouq.com

• (1) 75730-60020 Door Belt Molding, rear
• (1) 75740-60020 Door Belt Molding, rear
• (1) 75710-60021 Door Belt Molding, front
• (1) 75720-60021 Door Belt Molding, front

Part numbers for the rear slider 1/4 windows

• (1) 75670-60020 QUARTER BELT, LH Molding
• (1) 75660-60020 QUARTER BELT, RH Molding

I tend to source PN from Absolute Wits End and use either my local dealership as I still get employee pricing or partsouq.com

Are you looking for the belt moldings that are on the outside of the door?

View attachment 3402554

If so use these part numbers at your local dealer or on partsouq.com

• (1) 75730-60020 Door Belt Molding, rear
• (1) 75740-60020 Door Belt Molding, rear
• (1) 75710-60021 Door Belt Molding, front
• (1) 75720-60021 Door Belt Molding, front

Part numbers for the rear slider 1/4 windows

• (1) 75670-60020 QUARTER BELT, LH Molding
• (1) 75660-60020 QUARTER BELT, RH Molding

I tend to source PN from Absolute Wits End and use either my local dealership as I still get employee pricing or partsouq.com

IMG_3633.jpeg

IMG_3634.jpeg

Check where the rear seatbelts attaché in the wheel well. You will be replacing metal there too.

You're going to want to commit to some kind of underbody annual maintenance like Fluid Film , Woolwax, NH Oil, or similar. The salt and calcium chloride up heah is literal murder on vehicles. Ospho is good for treating rust, as is Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Eastwood also makes a specialized frame paint that comes in cans with extension wands to spray inside the frame and body panels. Rust mitigation is an ongoing process, and if you snooze your truck will loose. They call this the rust belt for a reason!

You're going to want to commit to some kind of underbody annual maintenance like Fluid Film , Woolwax, NH Oil, or similar. The salt and calcium chloride up heah is literal murder on vehicles. Ospho is good for treating rust, as is Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Eastwood also makes a specialized frame paint that comes in cans with extension wands to spray inside the frame and body panels. Rust mitigation is an ongoing process, and if you snooze your truck will loose. They call this the rust belt for a reason!
I do Woolwax out of my home shop, all my vehicles get it every year

This'll help ya fit right in bud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom