Noisy Transfercase - can't figure out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am definitely hearing the same sound. I look forward to hearing how your re-replacement of the idler goes.

let me know what happens with the rebuild, I just filled up the TC with new fluid, going to change the diff fluids again for good measure. I am getting a high pitch whistle sound as well. I am guessing on mine though that it was mostly because the TC was low on fluid, can't figure out where it all went as the seal between the nv and the Tc is a sealed bearing so I don't think it was sharing. Maybe I was a moron and just didn't fill the thing all the way or maybe the oil condesed somehow as it looked fairly bad when I drained it (it was some older sta-lube oil that I had sitting around for awhile, sealed). Anyhow, should have my dshafts back in a while and we will see if the gear oil "mysteriously" dissapears again?

Noah

What, why not? :banana: job.

Anyone have the specs on the fittings I need?

AlexD ???

[quote author=cruiser_guy link=board=1;threadid=8498;start=msg73408#msg73408 date=1071000735]
Alex,
Where are you located? With the HJ60 I'd assume Canada. I'm in Vancouver, B.C. and got my stuff at Hydraulic Supply in Port Kells.
As far as I know you can run this forever! The tranny and transfer use the same filler plugs. The only issue you might have is that the bad seal may wear a groove in the bushings and thereby make a repair impossible without a speedi-sleeve.
I think I posted part numbers for Hydraulic Supply about a month or two ago.
[/quote]

Alex, here you go.

[quote author=cruiser_guy link=board=1;threadid=6973;start=msg57693#msg57693 date=1067660862]
Mine lost over a quart to the transmission (that's nearly 1/2 the fluid quantity)!You can buy the kit or you can do as I did and go to the nearest hydraulic supply place and buy 2 of "10-1JH9-08-18-OG" 90deg. elbows and 2 of "10-26712-08-08" hose nipples and a length of the appropriate sized oil resistant hose and make your own for 1/2 price! Those are the part numbers on my invoice and they fit fine in the split case transfer and tranny in my BJ60.
[/quote]

Noisy Transfercase - building return line

You can buy the kit or you can do as I did and go to the nearest hydraulic supply place and buy 2 of "10-1JH9-08-18-OG" 90deg. elbows and 2 of "10-26712-08-08" hose nipples and a length of the appropriate sized oil resistant hose and make your own for 1/2 price! Those are the part numbers on my invoice and they fit fine in the split case transfer and tranny in my BJ60.

Thanks for the info cruiser guy. But all the local shops tell me the part numbers mean nothing to them and they cant help me. I think they just do not want to waste their time, since they say no before I even finish giving them the parts numbers.
I love it when shops could care less about helping their customers.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a Canadian vendor I can order from and have them shipped?

Thanks,
Alex

Alex,
Try e-mailing hydraulicsupply@telus.net that's where I got the parts from. They are in B.C., Canada but those part numbers will work there!
I can't say that they will ship though, that's up to them, but if they hassle you PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom