No Brakes!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, I didn't know they sold on ebay! I had one when I was a kid. Since I'm turning 35 this year, I am starting my early-life crisis. I saw it on their website (not ebay) and it looked nice.

Thanks for your comments -- I do need to look with a bit more scrutiny at the facts before I drool!

It was a repaint with a cracked dash. There's better out there for what they were asking.

The EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!! master cylinder is in the house now just waiting for my FSM will install this weeked! Got to say that toyota dealer was awesome shipped overnite and they were very helpful!

If your FSM does not make it in time for the weekend repair you may want to try this site

Toyota Technical Information Online

you can download the relevant parts of the FSMs or wiring diagrams for $10/day.

Please consider taking tons of photos and doing a detailed write up for us on the R&R.

Last edited:
NMuzj100 said:
If your FSM does not make it in time for the weekend repair you may want to try this site

Toyota Technical Information Online

you can download the relevant parts of the FSMs or wiring diagrams for $10/day.

Please comsider taking tons of photos and doing a detailed write up for us on the R&R.

Hey thanks NMuzj100 if my fsm don't make by today i will be utilizing that web site. Wite-up and pics coming soon!!!!!

Good Luck! The online manual is cool, it will take you a few hours with a high speed connection to download, or just a few minutes if you want the pages specific to your task!

S.

Ok the job is complete!!!!! All i can say is thank you all for your help!!! took about 2.5 hours for two people i tooks some pictures and will do write up on the replacement tomorrow.

NICE TO HAVE THE CRUISER UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!!!!

$1400 for the master...that must hurt! I feel fortunate having only paid $130 for an Aisin FJ80 master, which I was able to buy from sources other than the dealer. You've gotta give credit to the tried-and-true vacuum booster/master...pretty much bullet-proof reliability (no electronics) and cheap to replace.

Does anyone know if the new 4runner's master cylinder is the same part as the 100's? (I know it uses the electronic pump thing). I would have guessed that parts for the 4runner/sequoia/tundra would cost less than 100 parts, as Toyota probably (and Lexus certainly) figures people who own $55-70K rigs can afford more than those who own $30K rigs. Is is possible there's a "dual" part number system, where for the same part, the LC has one part number and 4runner/tundra a different part number?

Bad azz Cruiser said:
Ok the job is complete!!!!! All i can say is thank you all for your help!!! took about 2.5 hours for two people i tooks some pictures and will do write up on the replacement tomorrow.

:beer::cheers::beer:

Jim_Chow said:
$1400 for the master...that must hurt! I feel fortunate having only paid $130 for an Aisin FJ80 master, which I was able to buy from sources other than the dealer. You've gotta give credit to the tried-and-true vacuum booster/master...pretty much bullet-proof reliability (no electronics) and cheap to replace.

Does anyone know if the new 4runner's master cylinder is the same part as the 100's? (I know it uses the electronic pump thing). I would have guessed that parts for the 4runner/sequoia/tundra would cost less than 100 parts, as Toyota probably (and Lexus certainly) figures people who own $55-70K rigs can afford more than those who own $30K rigs. Is is possible there's a "dual" part number system, where for the same part, the LC has one part number and 4runner/tundra a different part number?

Yes, that $1400 hurts. Have you ever driven an 80 though Jim? (Not being a smart ass...I just don't know?) The brakes suck, are even worse when wet, and in my opinion a non-safe design. For me, it's worth the $1400 every zillion miles (plus the safety of having brakes with a stalled motor). Too bad Bad Azz's went out early.

Jim_Chow said:

Hell ya 1,400.00 hurt!!! but no need to rub it in!!!!!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Yes, that $1400 hurts. Have you ever driven an 80 though Jim? (Not being a smart ass...I just don't know?) The brakes suck, are even worse when wet, and in my opinion a non-safe design. For me, it's worth the $1400 every zillion miles (plus the safety of having brakes with a stalled motor). Too bad Bad Azz's went out early.

I've driven one once (wasn't mine), and I wasn't going fast enough to tell if the brakes sucked. :)

Jim_Chow said:
I've driven one once (wasn't mine), and I wasn't going fast enough to tell if the brakes sucked. :)

Off road.....steep downhills.....my butt is off the seat pressing the pedal. Wet......forget it.

Bad azz Cruiser said:

Write-up / photos still forthcoming?

dnp said:
Write-up / photos still forthcoming?

write up still coming, sorry guys been busy tring to catch up on things rought draft written will post some time this weekend!!

Could the Master Cylinder have been rebuilt? The OEM overhaul kit costs just $55.

my situation was the vaccum booster was out and it was my understanding that it could only be replaced!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom