No Air from any vent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

My wife picked up a 2006 100 series this weekend and we are excited to have another cruiser in the house.
Today while she was driving the blower makes noise/ blows but no air is coming out of any vent position. She has tried to move it from defrost, to vent to floor and all other combinations and no luck. The blower will respond to temperatures but no luck on air.

Is this common on 100's? Any fixes? Where is the mixer located so I can start tracking this down. I am going to look at it after work, but was hoping that someone here had a fix or knew what it could be.

Thanks,

Tommy

that might be rough without the fsm AC section, it's big. it's in vol#2. there is a diagnostic check that gives out codes. if you find that you need pages let me know. I can do what I can.
I'd check the squirrel cage fan first under the glove box, and then evap cover, looking for obstructions, then crossover air train to side vents. if it's brand new to you, you have no idea whats in there.

So I am home. Start up the cruiser. Blows fine. Run through all possible combos... works...

Either 1... she has a new vehicle and did something wrong... probable

2. Some sort of electrical hiccup that caused it to not function but reset when she turned the cruiser off. Maybe... but unlikely.

I will monitor for a week or so. I am in the process of baselining it. Wanting for it to be a lifetime cruiser for her like my 80 is for me.

Well now it is not working for sure. Temp is set on max cold, fan sounds like it is blowing on highest setting and cold air is just seeping from the vents. I can move it from vents to defrost to everything and it moves, but never actually blows hard out. seems to do it intermittently

Any other thoughts?

have you thought about that ambient temp sensor? below the key cylinder?

It looks good. The blower fan is blowing on high, the box next to blower is so cold it has condensation on it. The system seems to register it needs to be cold, but the air is just seeping from the vents. I am going to pull the blower motor, but it is weird it only does it on occasion

Could be one of those flappers maybe. I don't know how many there are.
Maybe your core is all covered up with leaves and dirt? those are my guesses, fwiw

That could be it. I am pulling blower in a bit then will look at the core. Any other things that could do it? What confuses me is how it is inconsistent. Sometimes it brings the artic winds and sometimes it barely seeps

Put it into DTC Check mode and see if you have any codes.

Turn ignition on while pressing the A/C Auto switch and the Recirculate/Fresh air button at the same time. See if it throws a code.

I'm not an expert at all. I just have had mine all apart before. before I put those filters in I had a ton of garbage in there. that could decrease volume. If the temp is good you'd think it was an obstruction.
I know my squirrel cadge is on its way out on the blower. I'm about to order another one.

You could also take the console panel and accompanying vents off, and side vents and have a look see.

So I can get it to reset by hitting the defrost button waiting a second and turning it off and hitting auto. Suddenly it blows again. Weird. I will check codes as posted above and let you know

Codes it says 23 and 12.

What are those?

Fan is clean, I can feel ice on the fins on the condenser?

Like the AC is frozen. Similar to when you don't change your filter out on your house and the AC gets frozen.

Time to check cabin filter

Got it...

I also apparently don't have a cabin filter so that idea is bust...

Is the ambient temp sensor the 4 slots on driver side below ignition right?

This?

IMG_0403.JPG

Last edited:
frost/ice blocking flow? makes sense that it works sometimes and sometimes not with ice up over time/melting.

oh forgot to mention drain backing up also on the evap.

frost/ice blocking flow? makes sense that it works sometimes and sometimes not with ice up over time/melting.

oh forgot to mention drain backing up also on the evap.

That could be it, but what is causing the ice or the 12 and 23 codes?

The outside temp does show as well. And if I kick it to heat it blows like a wind storm so ice is probably it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom