NLA 87245-60620 (1HD-FT heater hose) - alternatives? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kenavt

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey folks, as part of replacing all my heater hoses I've gotten stuck on 87245-60620, which is NLA, and from ToyoDIY, only for 1HD-FT HDJ80/1. I think I have worked out a temporary solution I'll detail below, but has anyone found a good replacement for this? I figure someone else has replaced this somewhere around the globe on their 1HD-FT 😂

It is 87246B in the photo below, top left.

874503F.gif

I have tried the cheap silicone hose kits option and you'll see it in the photos below (e.g. Amazon product ASIN B078GMJBR8), but for some reason the south end of the hose has too small diameter (the other end is fine). I believe the hose needs to be 5/8" diameter but one end of the cheap silicone hose is more like 9/16" or 1/2", and just refuses to go on. The first interior layer of silicone starts getting pushed back with the force I've exerted!

After hours of driving around to parts stores (I lost track but at least six... NAPA, O'Reilly's, Advance, Autozone) I was able to cut a Dayco 87886 and it fits, but... there's a small kink at the bottom end that makes me paranoid. I might try driving around with it as-is for now but replace it sooner then later.

Below shows the cheap silicone hose on the inside, original hose middle, Dayco 87886 uncut on the outside.

IMG_3440.jpg

Photos of the kink down at the bottom... it's because the end of the hose is kinked the opposite way, so it wants to go that way. (circled in red above).

IMG_3448.jpeg
IMG_3450.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpg

Last edited:
Try the coiled metal hose wrap, you insert the hose and then bend to suite.

That’s a smart idea^^ never heard of that option.

As far as the kink goes, perhaps some metal thin metal tubing can be clamped around the kink with a hose clamp, or maybe a hose clamp alone would suffice…

Won’t be the prettiest, most awesome option, but it may alleviate your fears while you work out a better solution.

Here is what you need!

Screenshot_20220729-112532_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom