NL fridge, base plate question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
Just took deliver yesterday (finally!) of a NL 50L dual fridge from Equipt. I also ordered the base mounting plate, my plan is to remove my 2nd row, put the fridge transverse behind the driver's seat. But, I can't get the fridge to drop onto the plate, no matter what I do.

There's latches on one end, and I called Equipt where they told me that the latches go to the compressor end. They explained that the intent is to drop the fridge over the fasteners, hold the latch pins in, then slide the fridge away from the latches so the pins of the latch can snap over the rails, keeping it in place. I find if I line up the keyholes in the bottom rails of the fridge to the special fasteners on the plate, the pins in the latches can't be pulled back far enough to get them out of the way. This blocks the fridge from dropping the rest of the way down so the fasteners can slide into the keyholes. Maybe this pic will help:

PXL_20211020_171304432.jpg

There's an "ear" to the right of the latch pin that blocks it from being moved any further away. But you can see that the pin is in the way, the fridge can't drop down onto the special fastener.

What am I missing here? This thing is making me feel stupid.

It appears that the "ear" hitting is added during fab. Is it possible it's just in the wrong place.
Sort of hard to tell from pics.

Maybe this helps, different angle. I assume the function of the tab sticking up is to prevent the sliding latch from moving and (somehow) unlatching the fridge while in motion. I suppose I could just bend the tab down some, but that would eliminate this safety feature. Also seems odd that I would have to do that.

PXL_20211020_193832062.jpg

Was hoping to hear from someone else that has one. @Markuson don't you have one of these plates under your NL fridge?

View attachment 2817089

Was hoping to hear from someone else that has one. @Markuson don't you have one of these plates under your NL fridge?

down onto the special fastener.

What am I missing here? This thing is making me feel stupid.

Remove fridge and look at the anchor pins on the bottom of yor fridge. They correspond to four slots on the mounti g surface with a wider/round space at the end of each tab toward you.

You must get all four anchors into the wider end space first….**which puts the two flat surfaced I’ve i dicated in the photo FLUSH. Once flush and in all four holes, you cannthen slide the fridge away from you…which forces the anchors into the narrower slot. Once pushed fully into the far end of the slots…then and only then is the fridge anchored…and only them can thespring loaded pin lock it.

By locking, it merely needs to pin to prevent the fridge from sliding in the slot to the wider part of the slot.

So your main problem is… you didntgetthe anchors into the wide slot end.

Once you do… push fridge firmly til stopped and then the spring loadedpin with now be able to prevent anchors from sliding to the wider anchor release hole on the close end of the four slots.

The two flat surfaced rails (see arrows below) must be flush. They can only be flush when the anchors are in the slot (then pushed to the narrow end) so you an use the lock pin.

69C74092-C1DC-4D4D-8CDA-979FFE6C3497.jpeg

Maybe this helps, different angle. I assume the function of the tab sticking up is to prevent the sliding latch from moving and (somehow) unlatching the fridge while in motion. I suppose I could just bend the tab down some, but that would eliminate this safety feature. Also seems odd that I would have to do that.

View attachment 2817089

Oh… Not sure if this is what you mean…but before you drop thefridge into the holes…you first have to pull rightward on the pin…and flip down the L. This just holds the pin in the open position while you get the fridge in place. Then once in place…with all four anchors in the slots and pushed away from you til it stop….then lift the L pin…slide leftward…and down again. Now its locked.

That’s why those tabs are there…so it holds the pin rightward while you position it.

View attachment 2817089

In pic above… flip up L pin…pull right…& flip down so it holds itself out of the way…move fridge into holes/slots with rails flush… push/slide fridge an inch kr so til stops away from lock…lift L pin again…slide pin leftward…flip L lin back down. Done.

I've had a NL fridge and the mounting plate for almost 10 yrs now and @Markuson is correct about the 'L' pins. You need to latch both behind their stops before attempting to line up the holes on the fridge with the studs on the plate. Orient the fridge's power connection end with the 'L' pin end of the plate. Studs and holes should line up and fridge will drop in with fridge end even with edge of mounting plate. Once fridge drops onto studs, push fridge away from you and release the 'L' pins to hold fridge on plate. You do this once and you'll see how easy it works. No more awkward bungee cords needed to hold your fridge in place. I can't believe that more fridge manufacturers don't use this method.

IMG_1874a.JPG

The "stop" in this pic is to the right of the 'L' pin. It has 2 functions: 1st is to keep 'L' pins from disengaging from vibration. 2nd is to provide a point to keep 'L' pins open during loading and unloading fridge from bracket.

Last edited:
In pic above… flip up L pin…pull right…& flip down so it holds itself out of the way…move fridge into holes/slots with rails flush… push/slide fridge an inch kr so til stops away from lock…lift L pin again…slide pin leftward…flip L lin back down. Done.
Wow now I do feel stupid. Thanks, this is the part I was missing. I knew there was an easy explanation. Lining up the studs in the keyholes was easy, but I couldn't get that pin out of the way. I'll try this tomorrow.

Fridge is in the garage plugged into AC, making cold. So far so good, now I need to get it mounted.

Thank you! :beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom