newbie question on 200 series price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. A dealer has a 2015 LC 70k miles. White. Not crazy underbody rust. Asking price is 46k ish. seems high? I've been stalking it but that price is about 5k out of my range and dealer not flexible. Is 35-40k a decent budget for a an LC comparable year and miles? I am only considering buying from a dealer as I have to trade my daily, 2013 Wrangler. Seems like prices on LC's are all over the place so figured I'd put it out there and ask you guys opinion. Also, I know the earlier models have a timing belt that is essential to maintain, these have a chain? Any big ticket issues to watch for? Thanks in advance.

Hello all. A dealer has a 2015 LC 70k miles. White. Not crazy underbody rust. Asking price is 46k ish. seems high? I've been stalking it but that price is about 5k out of my range and dealer not flexible. Is 35-40k a decent budget for a an LC comparable year and miles? I am only considering buying from a dealer as I have to trade my daily, 2013 Wrangler. Seems like prices on LC's are all over the place so figured I'd put it out there and ask you guys opinion. Also, I know the earlier models have a timing belt that is essential to maintain, these have a chain? Any big ticket issues to watch for? Thanks in advance.

Check out this thread in the 200 series classifieds. You can also review the thread history for a good indication of pricing.

Also, $46k does seem a bit high but not by much for only 70k miles.

Check out this thread in the 200 series classifieds. You can also review the thread history for a good indication of pricing.

Also, $46k does seem a bit high but not by much for only 70k miles.
thanks so much pal. appreciated.

The price seems in line. Dealers know what they’re worth... I did a deal recently on a 2015 with 69k and did just a bit better than that, but mostly because of USAA buying service. The fact it took 15 mins to do the deal was worth a fair price. The bigger part for me was making sure they didn’t kill me on a trade, which was a 100 series that I also knew what the values were. They tried to rake me there, but I knew what the going prices on it were.

The price seems in line. Dealers know what they’re worth... I did a deal recently on a 2015 with 69k and did just a bit better than that, but mostly because of USAA buying service. The fact it took 15 mins to do the deal was worth a fair price. The bigger part for me was making sure they didn’t kill me on a trade, which was a 100 series that I also knew what the values were. They tried to rake me there, but I knew what the going prices on it were.
Thanks good info

For that price for a nice one you will have to probably go back to 2013

Why buy with any rust?
That is a legit question. Here is my answer. I have always bought my rigs from rust free parts of the country. I had a 20 year long love affair with old Land Rovers so that was a necessity as they are extremely rust prone, but at that time they were cheap so I could pay cash (then pay later in maintenance...and pay...and pay...). But initial cash layout was like 4-7k plus the ride for a rust free truck. For a new-ish 200 series LC, the price point is significantly higher, which means I'd have to finance as well as trade in/sell my daily which limits me a bit logistically. I'd also like to lay eyes on the truck myself for that amount of money so that means local which means most probably some rust on frame in NYC. In a perfect world; I lust for no rust. But if it has a little surface on frame, and I can buy it locally, the peace of mind actually seeing what I am paying for is a good trade-off. The other option I'm considering is keeping my daily and buying a rust free 100 series out of state. The good ones go so quickly...by the time you ask for shots of the undercarriage...gone with the wind. Looking forward to getting my first LC, whatever she may be.

The 5.7L engine has a timing chain. Normally No big ticket repair items at only 70K. There are good threads on here about a few things to watch for as miles build up, but a good service history and careful pre-purchase inspection are your friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom