newbie having problems with power window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first post so bring on the :flipoff2:s.
My problem is with the rear passengers window and that it only goes down and only with that door control and not with the drivers controls. So the trouble shooting starts! I took off the motor and put another one from another door to check if I had to order a new motor; that wasn't it as the problem recurred. I then changed the control switch with another, nope. That is as far as I could go with the trouble shooting and had to stop before I ended up with fists full of hair. So I'm posting cause I know the all powerful MUD will bring me answers. Thanks in advance
:popcorn::popcorn:

I already tried by taking out a switch from another door that I new worked and tried that one on the problematic door and the same thing happened. I have no more things to switch out:confused::bang:

Which window control unit did you switch out, the rear passenger switch? Try taking your master door controller (drivers door) out and taking it apart/ cleaning it.

Thanks Eric

I think you said what I meant. My problem was the same and I isolated the problem to the front drivers side switch......which completely fell apart when I started to disassemble the unit.

Again.....good luck

CD:cool:

it's the driver's door switch assembly. Everything starts there and then branches out to the other doors.

If you go to a junk yard 92~96 Camry driver's door assemblies will work and I'm sure that there are others.

good info on the Camry controller! Should make it easier for people to find 'em.... I'd imagine that in the next 5-10 years you are going to hear a lot more about the window controllers dying-- it is a lot of electronics there, and a little moisture can create a lot of corrosion.

If the master switch goes, the rest won't work

An update for those who care and for those that can give me some more ideas: I went to 3 junk yards today. The first junk yard had the master control switch and they let me test it out before paying for it. The same thing happened!:eek: So that's when I tried to switch out the only thing I haven't yet, the door control box thats inside the door panel. So three junk yards and two and a half hours of 30 mph winds in dust pits later, nothing; apparently '96+ Toyota's( yes I looked for Lexus too) are not all that common in junkyards in my area. What irritates me more is that I don't think that's the problem; I took it apart and looked brand new. Can there be anything else that could be giving me this problem or should I just continue looking for that box? Should I just take it to Toyota for them to fix it? Again, thanks in advance for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom