Newbee Looking for Advice on '06 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first post to the forum and I wanted to see if anyone could give me some feedback on an '06 LC I purchased earlier this week. The truck came with the Gulf States Extra Mile Package (gray fenders, gray two tone, and gray side panels on Alpine White body). My plan is to make some light upgrades to the truck, but after reading the forums, it looks like I should almost certainly remove fender flares, etc. The problem is that is that there is really no avoiding the two-tone gray on the bottom of the doors and it looks like the side panels are solidly installed into the doors. My question is whether anyone has any experience / pics of upgrades (tires, lift, bumpers, etc.) to a two tone or Gulf States truck and what that would look like? I have searched pretty exhaustively and can't seem to find many pics. Thanks to all in advance.

Post a picture of your truck...

Being someone who has a Southeast Toyota with the Bushwhacker flairs, i’m not sure what to tell you. I hated them and I never use the word hate... I took mine off. I was left with some scars from where the flairs rubbed the paint. On my color truck, touch up matching is difficult but I can accept it. I’m glad I removed them. When I removed the passenger side front flair, about a pound of wet dirt and debris fell out. There’s a picture of it in one of the threads on here.

I think your truck will look fine without the flairs. If you are careful, you could probably remove them and if you don’t like the look, put them back on.

Here’s a shot of the truck.

QUOTE="Dwight S, post: 11260621, member: 75171"]Being someone who has a Southeast Toyota with the Bushwhacker flairs, i’m not sure what to tell you. I hated them and I never use the word hate... I took mine off. I was left with some scars from where the flairs rubbed the paint. On my color truck, touch up matching is difficult but I can accept it. I’m glad I removed them. When I removed the passenger side front flair, about a pound of wet dirt and debris fell out. There’s a picture of it in one of the threads on here.

I think your truck will look fine without the flairs. If you are careful, you could probably remove them and if you don’t like the look, put them back on.[/QUOTE]

E12CA957-046C-43BF-99E5-32F33CA80C4C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom