Newbee Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Hello out there! My Name is Mike and I've just found my first FJ80. Im new to forum posting world so bare with me. I live on the Central Coast of CA and work as a full time master mechanic with 15 years professional experience. My friends have always nicknamed me Shoppy for my last name starts with Shop.

It all started my as a grease monkey and young car enthusiast, went on to working in a shop changing oil and servicing cars. Then got into building and maintaining classic cars. I have lots of experience with working on build projects like older broncos, jeeps, many engine conversions and F.I. Swaps and even a diesel swap dream camper rig. There is always something different on the plate to proj out on. But realistically I don't get out on the trails much so there's lots to learn ahead!

I've always like the Land Cruiser. Years ago I had a FJ40 that was rusted out so bad it was a bust. I'v swapped engines and harness on 60 series, restored an Australian 40 diesel, numerous valve jobs/head gaskets and have worked on a many other Toyota rigs over the years, but have recently been drawn to the 80.

She's a 1996 270k on the clock all stock. This will be the first off road project of my own. She runs good and hope to have a nice budget build. Other than changing the fluids and fixing the common oil leaks I plan to lift, lock, and tread this grocery getter into a sand spittin, mud flingin, rock hopping beast...I will Post a thread on the build and share pics as she goes along. I am also very excited to hear any concerns or comments anybody may want to share. First project will be the suspension...

Thanks
-Mike-

Welcome, we are here to enable you into your new addiction :flipoff2:

Budget just means double it and add 10%. Welcome and enjoy it's only money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom