NEW Tundra TRD Pro forged BBS wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just weighed one on a bathroom scale. Shows to be 31.4 lbs.

How does that compare to stock wheels? I’d love to lower the unsprung weight some...

To be honest I have no idea what the weight of stock 100/200 land cruiser wheels are.. I can tell you any Tundra or Tacoma wheel is though.

Holy crap that's heavy for a forged 18" wheel. The Volk Racing TE37 Ultra 20x9.5 weighs only 23.18 lb while the stock 2016 18" wheel with wheel weights attached weighs 32.87 lbs.

Last edited:
Normally I would agree that TRD these days on the customer side is pretty much all bark and no bite but these wheels are much in fact much stronger than your stock cast alloy wheel.

Hey, Tex ( @FJ73Texas ) can you get a profile shot of the wheel, since you have one sitting in your bathroom :rofl:

I'm curious how much they stick out past the lip of the rim. its hard to tell with the head on shots.

Thanks for posting the info and pics so far.

Reasonable to assume that a forged wheel of similar weight to stock would be much stronger. But is that even necessary? Reports of bent stock wheels aren’t exactly common.

@TexAZ lol... if you don’t mind waiting until Thursday I can get you a side pic. I am away from work today and tomorrow. If memory serves me right, I don’t think they stick out past the lip though.

Reasonable to assume that a forged wheel of similar weight to stock would be much stronger. But is that even necessary? Reports of bent stock wheels aren’t exactly common.

Probably was overkill, just like that 2019 Tundra hood scoop....except the hood scoop is ugly and non functional. Just my opinion.

I guess it’s possible they had to make them forged to get enough strength with the visual design they wanted.

Here are your sideshots @TexAZ

sideshot.JPG

I ordered them 9/8. Dealer said he will get them 9/29.

I will pick them up and install them at that time.

I am curious to see how they look on your 200. Do you have pics yet?

I haven't been partial to the black wheels, but I do want to see what these look like? Any cost out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom