New to the scene (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 2006 LX 470 stock no nav and no kdss. Everything is functioning correctly but Im uncertain about when/if the timing belt and water pump were serviced(current mileage 141000). Im looking to get into overlanding and I am curious about what aspects of the vehicle to upgrade first. I know I would like a 3 inch lift with 33 inch tires, full roof rack, steel bumper with winch, and armor. What would be the most sensible order to go about upgrading and also what other upgrades should I be considering? My budget will be about $300 a month over the next 3 years.

I just purchased a 2006 LX 470 stock no nav and no kdss.
VCKnXE7.jpg

I was under the impression navigation came standard as well as AHC, which I assume you are referring to as KDSS, on 2006-2007 LXs. Post some pics please. Very curious to see this rig.

Last edited:
It does not have navigation and I think ahc and kdss are not the same thing. I’ll post pics soon.

join up with the lexus drivers site and run your vin number for a service history. it should have AHC unless someone has deleted it or you bought a landcruiser with lexus badges.

Drop the running boards (unless the :princess: needs them),
Upgrade the tires (AT or MTs since you're in TN),
Then add a lift (see Slee Offroad, Cruiser Outfitters or other vendors on Mud)

Plan your trip and have some fun!

In fact, you don't need to do the last 2 since you can go most places in stock form.

Drop the running boards (unless the :princess: needs them),
Upgrade the tires (AT or MTs since you're in TN),
Then add a lift (see Slee Offroad, Cruiser Outfitters or other vendors on Mud)

Plan your trip and have some fun!

In fact, you don't need to do the last 2 since you can go most places in stock form.

I did some light trail riding yesterday with highway tires on and I was shocked how well it did on loose stuff with steep inclines. Excited to see what it will do with some proper tires on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom