New to me... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guess I should have sold mine 3 years ago.

You are safe, looks like you have made it through. The key is to not put the skirt on to start with and only compromise on the things you that wont regret a compromise.

There are exceptions to every rule

Are there rules to every exception?
You don't often hear about those.

Towing capacity of this new to me Taco is 6,500#.
With my aluminum car hauler trailer (flatbed, not cargo trailer) and my "JasonMini truck" I'm guessing my total trailer weight to be 6,000# or less (including firewood). Is it dumb to even consider towing this with a stock Taco?
I would definitely test this and put it on some scales before committing to a Badlands trip or even FN trip.
Thoughts?

I looked into that quite a bit before I bought my baby tundra. The general consensus 4 years ago was, it will but it is a little sketchy. Running that through the internet filter, I bet its fine if you use your head.

Clint towed his 40 (which prolly weighed as much if not more than the mini) on a steel trailer, with an fj cruiser (same drive train but shorter wheelbase and coils in the back) for years at 90 mph. He seemed to be happy with it.

I looked into that quite a bit before I bought my baby tundra. The general consensus 4 years ago was, it will but it is a little sketchy. Running that through the internet filter, I bet its fine if you use your head.

Clint towed his 40 (which prolly weighed as much if not more than the mini) on a steel trailer, with an fj cruiser (same drive train but shorter wheelbase and coils in the back) for years at 90 mph. He seemed to be happy with it.

Thanks Ging.
I forgot about Clint's last set up. He was probably at least 1k# heavier than my set up.
I just need to hook it up and try it.
I'm only considering this because the Taco is my company vehicle and the Excursion is a personal vehicle.
If it turned out to be sketchy I wouldn't do it.

You will need to add rear frame plates to the Tacoma or you will bend s***. The rear frame horns are made out of lasagna noodles.

You will need to add rear frame plates to the Tacoma or you will bend s***. The rear frame horns are made out of lasagna noodles.

Even if I were under the rated tow capacity do you think that is likely?

Even if I were under the rated tow capacity do you think that is likely?

Hoff, his generation of Tacoma is more like Barilla lasagna noodles. You have those s***ty prince brand ones

Hoff, his generation of Tacoma is more like Barilla lasagna noodles. You have those s***ty prince brand ones

Oh, the ole ASTM Lasagna Noodle Standard, I don't see that used much in my line of work, more common in aeronautical use, hence Hoff using it.

Hoff's Taco had an American made frame, so it rusted through. Hoff now hates Taco's.

I vote tow with it. Run a weight distribution hitch and run it.

I wish it was made out of sushi rice like the mini's and Japan built trucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom