new to me Sequoia

alberta mac

addicted but not cured

I recently picked up a 2004 Sequoia. I don't hav much info. on the truck but have been an admirer for some time. I own other Landcruiser's so I've been reading the 4.7 is quite a good motor.
The truck was rolled so I will be attempting to straighten the windshield frame and pop out a few dents in the body and roof. Should be Fun !!
I'll be clearing some space to work on the truck as soon as we get some plus temps as they are expected where I live. I'll take some photos of this new acquisition project as I go.
I'll be looking forward to your input and educating me about this truck.
Cheers

Drake2

SILVER Star
Congratulations on the new purchase. If you find yourself looking for a NEW cargo barrier for the Sequoia, I have a couple available for CHEAP.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured

I also need a photo of the front of the truck with the hood open, showing the rad and everything in front of the rad, fans etc...
I need to see if anything is missing or out of place / bent.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured

drivers side marker light connected next to the headlight either is broken or just needs to be reconnected ? Wondering where I can get quality parts ? I'd like to go with led headlights and wondering what is best for a back up camera and additional back up lighting ?
Is there anything else that would be a good upgrade ?

Best of luck on rebuilding the roof and pillars! I am rebuilding my El Camino with similar issue, just was rusted and not rolled. Also the Brown FJ looks sweet next to the Tree.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

For parts, how’s the classifieds here for parting 100’s?

That’s where I’d start.

Are you trying to get all the way back to fitting a glass windshield & driving it as a DD, or are you planning to take some ‘custom mods’ /trail rig & do a little improvising, like say a plexiglass windshield?

alberta mac

addicted but not cured

DD ! straighten the windshield frame and get glass put in, roof rack for a hang glider, if the tires need changing then I'll go BFG. ko's or something like a mud tire. The Seq will be also used as a tow vehicle pulling trailers and for trips.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Was it a really light roll / flop - or are you just really ambitious?

Is the moonroof functional / straight, or is there significant A-pillar damage going far enough that the panel/tracks of the whole moonroof mechanism is currently tweaked?

alberta mac

addicted but not cured

Was it a really light roll / flop - or are you just really ambitious?

Is the moonroof functional / straight, or is there significant A-pillar damage going far enough that the panel/tracks of the whole moonroof mechanism is currently tweaked?
Moon roof glass broken, I'll contact the glass guy and have him come out to assess the moon roof and hear what he has to say. Going to be tricky measuring for true dimensions. I'm not sure if it was a soft roll but I tend to be ambitious ! We are currently experinceing -26c weather so once we hit a warm chinook I'll be out there assessing my next steps.

Top Bottom