1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to me FJC

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by Firemedic831, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Firemedic831

Firemedic831

So after many years with every year of Toyota trucks and 4 runners . And always wanting a FJ40 . (Someday I will find the right one ) I decided to get the next best thing . A 2009 FJC. This will be mainly used for off-road trips . First big trip the FJ summit. Then Moab next sept . My dream trip is to do the drive to Alaska and I am
    Going to do that now . This is going to be a fun build . The pics are of day 1 with the FJ .

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

2. Firemedic831

Firemedic831

3. Firemedic831

Firemedic831

The plan rt now is stage 3 icon lift. 285s. Stt pro tires not sure on wheels yet . All pro sliders . Either Demello or Expadition one front and rear bumpers . Bud built skids Inchworm lefty t-case warn winch still not sure what one . On board air . And whatever else I can think of along the way . Open to input .

4. lgrt

lgrt

Welcome... Driving my FJ Cruiser to Alaska's North Slope was the first big trip I did... You'll have a great time. Alaska is an experience that can never be duplicated.

5. firensteel

firensteel

Wow, how sweet it is. A clean slate to work on. Sounds fun bud, send pics.

6. firensteel

firensteel

OMG you got me looking for FJ's for my son. I have mentioned that he wants a 4X4 Taco, thank goodness, more of those around but the prices in N Cal for used FJ's is crazy. I have seen some 2014 FJ's going for more than they were when on the showroom floor!! I also see 2wd models going for dumb prices too. Yikes. Some of these vehicles are Nevada too, which means a Ca DMV fee. Prices are good I suppose if you want to sell. I keep getting mailers from local Toyota dealers wanting to give me 125% of KBB for mine. I suppose we can say not a bad investment really since I am not willing to sell anytime soon.
    Firemedic831, my son loves your new FJ, so do I.

7. Firemedic831

Firemedic831

Thank you . i have a tacoma also . best of both worlds . I am really enjoying the FJ though and look forward to building it

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">