New to me 2005 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, from North Carolina. I wanted to introduce my new to me 2005 LX470. It has 216,000 miles with the timing belt and water pump recently done. It was a two owner vehicle located in Tennessee and North Carolina with good Lexus service history. I am excited to finish baselining and slowly build this vehicle for trips with the family.

So far I have done some interior cleaning, replaced cabin air filters, installed the interior portion of the Pfran led kit, bled and changed ACH fluid, purchased weathertec mats and ordered the mud flap delete kit as well as heater T's and hoses. The next few items on my list are removing the running boards, doing some paint correction and changing the remaining fluids. I purchased the vehicle with only a valet key, but have an appointment on Wednesday to have a master key with transponder made at the dealership ($325). I removed the gigantic rattling overhead dvd player and am having a local shop install a smaller unit this week. As current tires wear down, I plan on replacing with BFG AT KO2's.

I look forward to being a part of the community, feel free to give thoughts and opinions regarding needed or preventative maintenance from experience for vehicles with this many / few :) miles.

IMG_20170508_191239.jpg

IMG_20170508_190121.jpg

IMG_20170508_190147.jpg

IMG_20170416_193039.jpg

nice looking ride, I would never guess it had 216k on the clock. Congratulations on joining the club!

Dude, it looks great!!

So after having a master key made at my local Lexus dealership, I have an issue maybe someone can help with. The red security light blinks constantly. Prior to starting the ignition, while engine is running and driving the car, it blinks non stop. Is this normal? I asked the Lexus tech for help and he told me to cycle the engine On and Off 10 times. This did not work.

I sprayed and placed mud flap delete plates on this week. Very impressed and they clean up the look significantly. I also ordered an ebay Nav update CD, which has cured my habit of driving through empty green space while on new highways. Now I just need to take the LX and find some real green space :) . I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. No one that rides with me believes it is a 12 year old car with 217,000 miles.

Prior to starting the ignition, while engine is running and driving the car, it blinks non stop. Is this normal?

My security light stops blinking as soon as I put the key in the ignition. I always thought the light went out when the immobilizer/security system recognized the key. That may not be the case if yours starts and drives with the light blinking.

can you elaborate on why? The radiator and overflow cap I can imagine for overheating reasons but the pcv and gas cap?
PCV valve relieve pressure within the engine is very important to have a clean PCV valve if you're smelling a lot of exhaust could be your PC is plugged this can cause problems get a new oem gas cap keep the fuel system running the way it was designed. I also installed a new fuel filter at about 130,000 miles it was needed even though Toyota never calls for a replacement of your fuel filter you should get a new one and put it in

I am still enjoying getting to know my LX as I go through and baseline things. The list of things I have done to date:

Changed Front and rear diff to Mobil 1 synthetic
Drain and fill transmission and diff fluid using synthetic.
Changed Oil & Filter along with spark plugs
Refreshed front sway bar (All bushings, hardware etc.)
Had a local shop replace aftermarket driver side CV axle with Toyota part
New Fuel Filter, PCV Valve & Gas Cap

All this had a postive impact on overall ride quality.

This evening I was able to remove the factory side steps and am hopeful that tomorrow I will be able to install Ramathorns' light kit.

Still loving this vehicle. Can't wait for these tires to wear down so I can upgrade.

Who has any battery recommendations? Not planning on running a dual battery setup at the moment, but the AAA battery that came in the vehicle is now 4 years old so I am thinking about proactively replacing.

LX470 7.25.17.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, 13 years old if you go by model year ;). In agreement with @SWUtah ...right color too!

What is your knob for that is next to the folding mirror button? My '06 had nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom