new set up... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet. Just post up what your plans are gonna be when it gets closer and when the dates are solid. There's plenty of yokels who'll be willing to do some runs with ya. Where'd you live when you lived around here BTW?

-Ferg-

I was raised in sandy area but had a house in south jordan before I moved up here. I even spent a year in logan and a year in tremonton when I was going to usu. I loved it up there but with the white owl and sultans as your only two choices for beer logan didnt work well for me. the rock climbing was great though on the fucoidal quartzyte in logan canyon. that and beaver mountain was wonderful, I love the back side of beaver some of the best powder and cliff drops I have found. dont know if you know kelly smith with wild yoats but the house he bought when he got married was my old house. his big sister and my wife and really good freinds and he is a heck of a guy.
Dave

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10292;start=msg94456#msg94456 date=1074871544]
Dude, that sucks (busted panhard). I can honestly say that carrying a spare is not something I had ever considered before. So now you know the next obvious question is what were you doing when it broke? I'd really like to know since I'd never heard of one being bent or snapped before. Great idea with the strap.
[/quote]i did the slee joints the same time i did the lift and after putting them back on i did a very thorough job of torque-ing (is that a word) and re-torqueing (definetly not a word and everything seemed great. i should have checked after 1500 miles or so to see ef everythin was good. the lower bolt with the captured nut came lose and the whole arm poped out and bounced a couple times.....you can figure the rest out. funny thing is after it happened i went around to every other control arm/panhard on the viehicle and none were lose except the frame end of the front panhard and it was hand tight. the only part that concerned me was where it bent ....right at the threaded portion. ......so that is the week link. i will post pics up of the new one when it is done. the new joint is sealed and much stronger.

Cool. Thanks. BTW, that was me asking on Pirate too (since Woody's servers were taking a
aktion082.gif
- of course using my usuall tact.

Definitely post a pic of the new one when you can. Just be curious to see it. That's a good reminder to go around and check them all though. Hmm, now where did I put that loctite?

Any updates NW-sickboy? I heard that the new springs handles better than the J springs/spacers combo on the streets. What is the minimum clearance between the tire and the wheel opening with the 6" spring + 1.5 spacer? ??? Looks like your cruiser was pretty level. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom