New Seiken 44610-60792 brake booster? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, I have the correct tool and made sure it was correct.

I just replaced my brake booster with the Toyota OEM part. It was identical to the 25 year old part that came out. JCK ? Was the manufacturer for both the original and the replacement. Either way the brakes are back to perfect and I can stop again.

I just replaced my brake booster with the Toyota OEM part. It was identical to the 25 year old part that came out. JCK ? Was the manufacturer for both the original and the replacement. Either way the brakes are back to perfect and I can stop again.
I just purchased a Seiken, new part, not reman, has a stamp identical to the original OEM part, and the rest of it looks identical as well. The sticker on the top does say Bosch. I'm thinking Bosch is an/the OEM supplier. I realize @Onur doesn't agree, but even his story about finding multiple Bosch units on Toyota shelves supports this theory. How many douchnozzles are buying Bosch units to perpetrate this fraud? Why not something else? There are much cheaper options that would do the trick with a coat of gloss black. Or maybe I'm wrong. I choose to believe I beat the system and got an OEM part for half the OEM price.

My obviously aftermarket reman booster in my other truck has the same stamp, but it would if it's a reman, wouldn't it? No paint and an odd sticker on top leaves no question as to its heritage.

Pics of the Seiken:
image-20200624_103416.jpg

image-20200624_103322.jpg

Last edited:
I just purchased a Seiken, new part, not reman, has a stamp identical to the original OEM part, and the rest of it looks identical as well. The sticker on the top does say Bosch. I'm thinking Bosch is an/the OEM supplier. I realize @Onur doesn't agree, but even his story about finding multiple Bosch units on Toyota shelves supports this theory. How many douchnozzles are buying Bosch units to perpetrate this fraud? Why not something else? There are much cheaper options that would do the trick with a coat of gloss black. Or maybe I'm wrong. I choose to believe I beat the system and got an OEM part for half the OEM price.

My obviously aftermarket reman booster in my other truck has the same stamp, but it would if it's a reman, wouldn't it? No paint and an odd sticker on top leaves no question as to its heritage.

Pics of the Seiken:
View attachment 2350889
View attachment 2350891
Your Seiken in the picture is the exact same part as the Toyota OEM that I put in yesterday. So perhaps Seiken and JKC are the same manufacturers? Maybe JKC is just a stamping for something else?

Your Seiken in the picture is the exact same part as the Toyota OEM that I put in yesterday. So perhaps Seiken and JKC are the same manufacturers? Maybe JKC is just a stamping for something else?
On that part I agree with @Onur that Seiken (a self-proclaimed chemical manufacturer) probably doesn't manufacture them. I think they just box them, but that's a guess. There's no good reason for Seiken to print 'BOSCH' on the label if Seiken is making the part, unless one is a subsidiary of the other, which I doubt. In any case, referring to my original OEM part, if we go with Aisin/Advics being the manufacturer it would be the first of their parts that I've ever seen that doesn't have their name stamped, embossed, or printed on it.

I have no idea what JKC is, maybe a factory, country, or licencing mark. Or a manufacturer.

EDIT: Or... English | 制研化学工業株式会社

Last edited:
On that part I agree with @Onur that Seiken (a self-proclaimed chemical manufacturer) probably doesn't manufacture them. I think they just box them, but that's a guess. There's no good reason for Seiken to print 'BOSCH' on the label if Seiken is making the part, unless one is a subsidiary of the other, which I doubt. In any case, referring to my original OEM part, if we go with Aisin/Asics being the manufacturer it would be the first of their parts that I've ever seen that doesn't have their name stamped, embossed, or printed on it.

I have no idea what JKC is, maybe a factory, country, or licencing mark. Or a manufacturer.

EDIT: Or... English | 制研化学工業株式会社
Either way I'm confident that the part being sold by @Onur is in fact the Toyota genuine OEM part 👍

Working for a Toyota store there are a few parts that come with the original manufacturers stamp on it. A good example of it going the other way is when buying an Aisin part they often have the Toyota logo dremeled off.

Last edited:
Either way I'm confident that the part being sold by @Onur is in fact the Toyota genuine OEM part 👍
Absolutely, and if you have so much money that blindly paying double for the same part is acceptable, then I envy you.

I understand there is a douche nozzle on here that loves to complain about my pricing. I could care less what he thinks.

I buy from Toyota US Distribution and on some rare cases direct from Japan and UAE. But those are rare.

Now if someone buys from ANY Toyota dealership, the list price on the booster is $922.85, look it up. My costing and pricing is based on that. Can people buy from a non-US source for cheaper? Go for it, quit f’ing complaining about it and go get from wherever to save a buck. I have it on the shelf ready to go and I paid for based on US list. So if anyone thinks I’m going to price match it to far less than I paid for it, you are out of your mind.

So pricing aside, I have a brand new in the Toyota box brake booster. It’s the same Bosch sticker and the same Bendix license so there ya go.
4E03A127-E2C4-4BBC-ABD9-42C38C1F4823.jpeg
07D2B6BF-412B-42E8-9FDD-A47289B8C7F2.jpeg
B3603987-491A-4551-94F1-1A2D68A0B191.jpeg

Is this in reference to me?
No, it's in reference to the person quoted. If he must have a Toyota box with his part, then by all means you are a great source for a part from Toyota, and an excellent resource to the Toyota community in general. I personally can't afford to pay for the box when the part in a different box is half the price, and we're talking about hundreds of dollars. I usually don't quibble over less expensive parts that come with a premium price in a Toyota bag or box. I am a believer that a person cannot go wrong using genuine Toyota parts, and they are almost universally superior to aftermarket copies. That being said, if I can find the same exact otherwise expensive part for less, I'm all over it.

No, it's in reference to the person quoted. If he must have a Toyota box with his part, then by all means you are a great source for a part from Toyota, and an excellent resource to the Toyota community in general. I personally can't afford to pay for the box when the part in a different box is half the price, and we're talking about hundreds of dollars. I usually don't quibble over less expensive parts that come with a premium price in a Toyota bag or box. I am a believer that a person cannot go wrong using genuine Toyota parts, and they are almost universally superior to aftermarket copies. That being said, if I can find the same exact otherwise expensive part for less, I'm all over it.

totally understandable and no one faults you for it.

I understand there is a douche nozzle on here that loves to complain about my pricing. I could care less what he thinks.

I hope you don't think that's me. You also provide a service to the community and I respect that. Any complaints I might have with pricing are directed at the distributor, not the retail guys. Your margins are thin, and I know that. And you personally go above and beyond the typical parts vendor with your kits and solutions. Thank you for that. I'm not in a financial position to take advantage of your offers, and/or I enjoy tinkering and finding my own solutions for the problems that you make or invent gadgets to address. Your end results are always top-notch.

I hope you don't think that's me. You also provide a service to the community and I respect that. Any complaints I might have with pricing are directed at the distributor, not the retail guys. Your margins are thin, and I know that. And you personally go above and beyond the typical parts vendor with your kits and solutions. Thank you for that. I'm not in a financial position to take advantage of your offers, and/or I enjoy tinkering and finding my own solutions for the problems that you make or invent gadgets to address. Your end results are always top-notch.

nope definitely not you. They know who they are.

Absolutely, and if you have so much money that blindly paying double for the same part is acceptable, then I envy you.

I agree with you when it comes to buying aftermarket parts that are essentially the OEM part. There are times I refuse to buy OEM when there is an aftermarket option that is the OEM part. There is a better warranty that comes with OEM parts, 2 years in Toyota's case. Some people, including myself see that guarantee as value added. The reason I went with the OEM in this case is that it was actually less than what I would've paid for the Seiken option. If the Seiken came in at a better price point I would've bought it hands down.

Last edited:
Check this out. JKC = Bosch.
It's possible that Seiken buys a bunch of these from Bosch/JKC and then sells them in their boxes. IF they purchase a high enough quantity they likely get a little discount and then they can make some scratch selling them through aftermarket channels.

Last edited:
I've been running the Seiken for 2 years now with no issues after my OEM unit failed (thankfully on the way home from GSMTR, and not during!).

Why do you think the booster is causing soft brakes? What do you mean by soft?
May I ask if you still stand behind the Seiken brake booster? I'm in the same predicament and about to pull the trigger even though their prices have gone up significantly from October even. I just can't see paying OEM prices. Thanks in advance for any help and consideration.

Has your Seiken brake booster met your expectations? Still working well? Am about to purchase one myself.

Fwiw I’ve been running the seiken for maybe 3 years and 40k miles now in LA traffic with zero issues.

Had I known these weren’t true OEM units per thread, I would’ve ponied up for the Toyota boxed booster. 🤷🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom