New seats for the 60... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So I will be doing a front seat swap in BeBe in the coming weeks. Took a chance and hit up the Sparks Pick N Pull to look at their PT Cruiser seats as the swap is fairly easy. Ended up coming away with a manual cloth set from an 07 PT Cruiser for $41 (they had a half-off sale going on Monday).

Spent some time on Tuesday cleaning up the passenger seat and will be pulling the cruisers passenger seat to start the initial test fitting and what not. Since my seats are in OK shape I figured I would offer them up to the club to see if anyone may want them as a rehab project or something.

For those curious... New Seats! (PT-Cruiser) *Easy*

That is great upgrade. I have honda prelude seats in my 40 and they are so much better than the bench that was stock. In fact I wish I could find a newer better set. I have checked out p and pull but most of them are hammered:poop:.
The link you posted makes it look like a straight swap.
Very nice. Should be ready for Bass camp Run. Right?:)

That is great upgrade. I have honda prelude seats in my 40 and they are so much better than the bench that was stock. In fact I wish I could find a newer better set. I have checked out p and pull but most of them are hammered:poop:.
The link you posted makes it look like a straight swap.
Very nice. Should be ready for Bass camp Run. Right?:)

Yeah just about a straight swap... got to add a little extra width on one side as the bolt center to center on the PT Cruiser is 13 3/4" and the 60 is 15 1/4" so got to add 1 1/2" of width. Building myself a small bracket out of 1/8" flat bar to mount everything up too. Got the new welder finally so welding the stock feet on to the adapters then mounting those.

No bass camp for me unfortunately, wife has plans for V-Day so we will be out of town.

So I will hopefully be done with the seat swap tonight, got the passenger seat all taken care of and painted the brackets so just needs to be installed. Worked on the drivers side last night. I really don't want to take these to the dump but the boss aint going to be happy if I have a pair of seats lying around.

You should post up on the 60 forum for free front seats. Or in the parts section. It would be a waste to throw them out. Also we could take them to the swap meet in CA(I think George is still doing that?). I have a bunch of stuff I would like to part with this year.

Yeah that was what I was thinking was to take them to the swap. Main issue is that the rail mounts for the seats have been removed so someone would have to get new ones/new rails.

UPDATE: Seats are gone... guy on the 60 forum purchased the good seat covers and I tossed the rest. Not worth saving. PT Cruiser seats are awesome I must say, addition of the butt warmers has been KILLER!