Hey Guys I am the proud owner of a BJ41 which I drove all the way from San Diego 500miles. Engine runs like a champ and it has a little under 200k miles on it. I have several NewBee questions, they are really short so here goes:
- Do you use any fuel additives? Previous owner had a couple of additives in glove box. Are they worth using, and if yes, which ones do you guys use for the older BJ cruisers?
- How about engine oil additives, and which engine oil you guys use?
- Engine has minor oil leaks - mechanic told me that nothing to worry about, leaks are small enough not to cause any significant oil loss. Is this common, and worth fixing? Previous owner said that oil didn't need to be topped off.
- How often to change the oil, every 3months 3k miles?
- On long distance drives, what's the max RPM when cruising? My BJ41 goes about 63mph @3000 rpm, and 66mph @3200rpm. The yellow like is at 3500, red line 4000. Is it bad for the engine to run at 3200 rpm for cruising?