New member with 2017 Blizzard Pearl Southern OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While I was waiting for my 2017 4runner TRD PRO cement arrive at my dealer in mid March. I saw this is on sale... So the wife agreed to get it. Bought it on February 23rd with 8 miles. Over the weekend took a trip to Sacramento Ca and back, now it is around 800 miles :) Waiting for license plate. The plate will be "3B TOYS" represent Benny(me the husband) Bic (the wife) Benji (the kiddo).

No Mod yet, my plan was to pick up the 4runner and mod the heck out of it. With this one I have not have the time to see what I want yet.

20170223_104355.jpg

20170223_104347.jpg

20170223_104324.jpg

Very cool. Some of us spend months looking; it's amazing to read of a spontaneous purchase! I went through Grants Pass last summer on a trip out west. I bet you have lots of interesting places to take the Runner and the Cruiser around there.

Congrats! I love Oregon.(Raised in Eugene.). You do indeed have lots of great places to explore in your new adventure vehicle. I'm headed through Oregon myself in about a month but likely keeping along the coast.

I was in line to get a Cement 4Runner too myself, but after a while I canceled my order and got back into a LC. Absolutely no regrets at all and congrats on the new addition!

I was thinking of getting a TRD Pro 4Rnr to replace the aging FJ. I bought a '13 low mileage LC with ARB front and rear bumpers for what that n w truck would have cost. I feel like I got a lot more bang for my buck with this vehicle. Congrats on the new truck, I've almost had mine a week, loving the power the most.

I will own a similar one shortly. Once you figure it out, tell me how we can both get a dual battery setup in that crowded engine bay. Next, how to get rid of those awful rear entertainment video screens behind the front seats, I have a plan though. Lastly on my short list is the removal of the 3rd row seating. Just a start...hope you enjoy it.

Congrats!

Must have been heck of a sale

Are you going to take the silly dealer sticker off the left tailgate ?

I will own a similar one shortly. Once you figure it out, tell me how we can both get a dual battery setup in that crowded engine bay. Next, how to get rid of those awful rear entertainment video screens behind the front seats, I have a plan though. Lastly on my short list is the removal of the 3rd row seating. Just a start...hope you enjoy it.

Third row seat remove is a piece of cake. Removal of the RES displays has escaped me thus far - aside from just ripping them out with brute force. I replaced my side steps with proper sliders. Gobi roof rack goes on tomorrow morning.

If you come up with a plan for rear screen removal, pass it on! The screens are easy to take off, but the ugly hole is crazy. @NLXTACY was considering working on a cover solution and if successful there will be a market of most who own a '16+.

I am keeping the screens, I have a 6 years old boy. He will be mad if I take off those screens. We are putting his wiiU in it while we traveling. 3rd row back seat are very comforble for 3 kids in the back hanging out. Yes I took off the dealer sticker. I am debating either Baja rack or Gobi?

Did you also consider the frontrunner rack? I'm getting one of those later this year for my 2016 just because of the gazillion accessories they have to go with it.

Yes, the rear screens have to go. Removing them isn't the issue, as stated covering up the hole so it looks nice is. I have others, besides those who mentioned it here who want a solution. My plan is a custom molded piece, likely out of carbon fiber. That's the direction I will go once vehicle is in hand. Laying it up is easy with resources close by. I will keep the community posted if I am successful.

Why can't we buy a LC like the rest of the world can. Just had to say it...

I am keeping the screens, I have a 6 years old boy. He will be mad if I take off those screens. We are putting his wiiU in it while we traveling. 3rd row back seat are very comforble for 3 kids in the back hanging out. Yes I took off the dealer sticker. I am debating either Baja rack or Gobi?

Had the Gobi put on this morning. Works great. They don't have as many attachments specifically built for it (though they have some) but I prefer not to go that route anyway. I am constantly fussing with how I arrange stuff. I plan to stand on it (for photography), sleep on it (when camping with decent weather) and sit on it (with the small folding camping chairs I have to enjoy a sunset and a beer.) I did get the Stealth model and the ladder. Also got the moveable/removeable crossbars and the sun roof insert. I'll take some pics this weekend as I'll be fiddling with where to secure my MaxTrax, shovel and other stuff.

Though it has mount points for lights, I did not go any yet. Still not clear on what I want to do and how. I'm going to use those mount points for temporary, battery-powered, motion-detecting, networked security lights. Just an experiment if I can figure out an easy easy to mount them. They're only for when I'm parked. Primarily security.

Had the Gobi put on this morning. Works great. They don't have as many attachments specifically built for it (though they have some) but I prefer not to go that route anyway. I am constantly fussing with how I arrange stuff. I plan to stand on it (for photography), sleep on it (when camping with decent weather) and sit on it (with the small folding camping chairs I have to enjoy a sunset and a beer.) I did get the Stealth model and the ladder. Also got the moveable/removeable crossbars and the sun roof insert. I'll take some pics this weekend as I'll be fiddling with where to secure my MaxTrax, shovel and other stuff.

Though it has mount points for lights, I did not go any yet. Still not clear on what I want to do and how. I'm going to use those mount points for temporary, battery-powered, motion-detecting, networked security lights. Just an experiment if I can figure out an easy easy to mount them. They're only for when I'm parked. Primarily security.

Now you are speaking my language. I can't wait to see your picture.

Great purchase! I have family in Grants Pass, went to college at SOU in Ashland and live in Portland. We hit trails out above Granite Hills road, I'll try to let you know next time we are in the area. Out behind Mt. Ashland is some cool areas to explore too.

While I was waiting for my 2017 4runner TRD PRO cement arrive at my dealer in mid March. I saw this is on sale... So the wife agreed to get it. Bought it on February 23rd with 8 miles. Over the weekend took a trip to Sacramento Ca and back, now it is around 800 miles :) Waiting for license plate. The plate will be "3B TOYS" represent Benny(me the husband) Bic (the wife) Benji (the kiddo).

No Mod yet, my plan was to pick up the 4runner and mod the heck out of it. With this one I have not have the time to see what I want yet.

View attachment 1411250

View attachment 1411251

View attachment 1411252

Do you mind if I ask what you paid? Im in OR and thinking about getting a 200. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom