New Member New M100 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just an FYI, The 416 casting and lunette will not fit the M100.

I thought that the Lunette was interchangable, but the cast part was not? Maybe I did'nt read it right, but that's what I thought I seen....

Here is an interesting site I found while working on mine - M416 Trailer Project. He has lots of links on the bottom of the page.

One of the links for m100 parts - Trailer Parts

Good luck! :cheers:

I have seen this site before (Trailer Parts). I thought that $185 for the Lunette was a little high even with it being NOS.

I would be happy with a good used on. (Lunette that is).

But thanks for the Links.....

I thought the whole assembly could be swapped out,, but the lunette part doesn't interchange.. How bad is your lunette? They can be fixed.. A good welder can weld a new ring on,,

I thought the whole assembly could be swapped out,, but the lunette part doesn't interchange.. How bad is your lunette? They can be fixed.. A good welder can weld a new ring on,,

I have the ring and the Lunett shaft, but it is broken clean off at the base of the ring. Don't know if I would trust a weld,,,,,,,

Will post a photo later after it stops raining.......

I have the ring and the Lunett shaft, but it is broken clean off at the base of the ring. Don't know if I would trust a weld,,,,,,,

Will post a photo later after it stops raining.......

I agree with you if you were talking about MY welding skills. Take it to a certified welder. They should be able to fix you up. Besides, this isn't a 25K pound load we're talking about. If you really overload the trailer, you might hit 2000 lbs including the trailer.

Like you said about the link I posted with trailer parts, $185 for a new lunette = :eek:. I bet you could get that thing welded for $20-$30. I'd at least take it in and see what they say.

I agree with you if you were talking about MY welding skills. Take it to a certified welder. They should be able to fix you up. Besides, this isn't a 25K pound load we're talking about. If you really overload the trailer, you might hit 2000 lbs including the trailer.

Like you said about the link I posted with trailer parts, $185 for a new lunette = :eek:. I bet you could get that thing welded for $20-$30. I'd at least take it in and see what they say.

Just may do it, can't hurt.............

I've seen new and old rings welded back on. Go to a certified welder, he will undercut the shaft and fill back in with weld. If done right will be stronger than new..

Gruzzer,

Took my lunette to a welder here in town to look at.

Told me that I was looking at $45-$50 to make the repairs. I asked about the weld being strong enough to haul the trailer with weight in it and he Laughed. Said it would break someplace other than the weld if it were to break again......

Should be able to pick it up at the end of next week......

Please go to first post on this thread to see updated photo's and info.

By the way have some stock trailer parts for sale if anyone is interested. $100 for either set of fenders and $150 for casting......

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0960.jpg

Please go to first post on this thread to see updated photo's and info.

By the way have some stock trailer parts for sale if anyone is interested. $100 for either set of fenders and $150 for casting......

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0960.jpg
Hello boots Can you tell me the history behind this casting. I have a 1953 Strick M100 with a ball hitch and I want to restore it to original equipment Thanks. CJSL

I don't have the link on my work computer :bang: I do know I ordered them from a big trailer place in Texas. I got hubs and rings from them and it wasn't that expensive for the shipping. If any one knows the place im talking about please post up if not ill look tonight and let you know.

Anyone know what hubs you have to change to to run JK wheels?

OP, what did you end up doing to run pintlers?

This is my M100 with new springs, shocks and 33 BFG's. Rides just a bit high in the back end when the truck is fully loaded. Rides perfectly flat when the truck is not under load. No spring over. I did some pretty heavy off road stuff in the last few weeks and it rode flawlessly. I have 200# - 300# of stuff in the trailer and I never know it's there. A couple of photos after the tung extension and with the BFG's.
View attachment 246418View attachment 246420View attachment 246421
I know this is super old thread, but was curious on what exact size BFG tires those on your trailer? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom