New Member Intro. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hola, been browsing around site for a while, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge shared while reading posts. I decided to buy an imported FJ43- actually bought 2 (79 and 81) since i have always been interested while traveling overseas. They do need some engine work and looking forward to advice. Curious if any members from around Florida Panhandle area, i have a few questions/seeking recommendation on engine rebuilds. Thank you !
IMG_7144.jpg

Welcome! Nice pair of 43’s. Post pictures of the engines to give us an idea of what you have. Import trucks can be a mixed bag of random parts. Where did you import them from?

Welcome! Nice pair of 43’s. Post pictures of the engines to give us an idea of what you have. Import trucks can be a mixed bag of random parts. Where did you import them from?
I bought from local individual that apparently had a little side gig bringing them from Colombia. He did have 3 that have been sitting for over a year. These 2 were only ones not running. He was not able to devote time since he travels for work. White needs head gasket and more i look at it, also freeze plugs. I am by no means an experienced mechanic, but was pleased engine turned. The yellow starts but needs carburetor linkage and freeze plugs ( i was able to tap some out with my finger, not sure if this is a common problem for 2Fs). Linkage was local remedy and finally gave out.
I was mostly interested in white one, but talked him into getting both decent price considering what people in this area asking for one.

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

Welcome... :flipoff2: (official welcome salute)

Cool rigs. I've wanted to convert my 40 into a 43 for quite a long time, but it'll likely never happen.

Prices have gone up quite a bit, but I've always felt it better to find a good runner from another truck than to sink a fortune into a 2F. However, the days of $300 2F/3Fs seem to be long gone. That said, I would've said the same for 350s... and I recently bought a cherry 72k mile SBC for $300 with a TH350 attached... so deals are still possible (I know it's not a Toyota... but deals still exist).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom