New member intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I just signed up after looking around on here for a few months to get ideas for my build. I bought my 72 fj40 in January year and just started working on it. The previous owner did some of the rust repair and swapped in a blown 1f drivetrain out of a 65ish Land Cruiser. The engine was seized and looked to have dropped a valve and I wasn’t planning on using it so I sold it for scrap. I still have a bunch of other parts that I will post in the sale section and go from there. As of now my plan is to link the front and rear, extend the wheel base, coil overs, widen the axles, reinforce the frame, and at least 37’s. I know I’ll end up doing more as I go through it all.

So far I’ve drained the oil and water out of the axles and have started to strip them down to clean them up. I’ll start a build thread once I get more of the fab work going and up date that along the way. I’ll post pictures up from the day I got it to now.

IMG_3924.png

69609813342__67E99512-3789-47F6-9992-5B2E8BEA0302.jpeg

69638438215__4A84B0F4-D0D9-4DFA-91FF-7B20D57DCD01.jpeg

IMG_4070.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

Get ready to spend ALOT of money and spend even more time working on it .

Get ready to spend ALOT of money and spend even more time working on it .
Oh yea it wont be the cheapest thing but it will be fun and a good time along the way.

Agree this forum has a lot of good info and thank you, going as fast as I can. I will be making my own sleeves and pucks for the axle hosings progress will be slow at times.

Oh yea it wont be the cheapest thing but it will be fun and a good time along the way.

Agree this forum has a lot of good info and thank you, going as fast as I can. I will be making my own sleeves and pucks for the axle hosings progress will be slow at times.
Hahah. He said it will be fun :rofl:.

Check out the Hardcore section here there are some really nice 40 builds also Danger Noodle has a nice link set up may get in touch with him

Check out the Hardcore section here there are some really nice 40 builds also Danger Noodle has a nice link set up may get in touch with him

👀

I don't have that many miles on the rear to fully know yet lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom