New LX owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1998 LX -- Shes a beast

IMG_20200913_150145.jpg

.. this forum is such a wealth of info!

Prior owner did a bunch- new steering rack, tint, tundra wheels/tires, android deck, body work (front bumper)

My Repairs/mods so far:

-Replaced all coils (man were some burt out/cracked!)
2D60D271-CC0D-46FB-B1A4-D4C6F2FE1AA6.png

Oil pan reseal
8B868A21-66D9-4F9C-8242-CC3A7F6CC3DC.png

Kuat Hitch mount rack

IMG_20200702_105329.jpg

LED headlights and fog lights, fuel filter

next -
Custom sub enclosure in the back in factory location (w dynamat)
CV boot repack
Wheel bearings

future- wheels/tires, delete running boards, old man EMU (i'm actually enjoying the AHC so maybe not), LED light bar in bumper, aux fuel tank? boy you can really get carried away quickly - a 9k truck can become 20k before you blink!

Anyways- great content on here... may post about some of these projects.

IMG_0262.JPG

Last edited:
What a mint looking 100

Nice, that looks cleeeeean.

Be warned the ride on the OME suspension is rough. Real rough. Unless you're planning a full build with 500+ lbs of armor and gear, I'd scratch that option off your list. Enjoy that AHC. Can't beat it, if you ask me.

Welcome!

welcome!

Yea, if you’re not going to be heavily loaded and off-road stick with the AHC. Just maintain it.

If you do need to go the normal suspension route consider other options for shocks. People like the stock non-AHC ones if the truck isn’t heavy and they’re dirt cheap. You could pick up used stock non-ahc torsion bars for cheap too.

Last edited:
That is a very interesting, and Lexus-y, approach to a bull bar.

Do you actually like the shiny, chromey caps on the side view mirrors?

Thanks all! previous owner found that JDM-y front bull bumper.. i think its pretty cool. Maybe a light bar in there

I do NOT like the chrome mirror caps ... i already removed a bit of chrome from the truck (at least it doesnt have OEM 16 chrome wheels! nothing i dislike more than chrome wheels) , i'm just afraid of paint condition under the mirror caps. I also dont like the chrome door handle covers, but haven't removed those yet either.

Is that plastic thing on the front bumper just for looks or what does it do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom